Is LST necessary for LED grows?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by J&A, Apr 3, 2015.

1. Or generally recommended? It will be my first grow, and although I'm sure it is easy enough, I don't want to mess with a bunch of training early on. 

2. #2 killset, Apr 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2015
    You don't have too, but you can honestly do as little or as much as you want. There's not a bunch of training if you don't want. Its literally just tying the plant over, takes a few seconds to potentially improve your yield drastically . Let it grow for awhile, take a few more seconds and tie it over in another place. You could literally do it only a couple times if you wanted to. Even just bending the plant over once can help get some more bud sites up top and into the light. Lst isn't something you do every day. I think the word training makes it sound time consuming.

3. You dont have to LST but i cant remeber the last time i didnt!
    Chef.

4. For my first grow I didn't do anything, just let them grow naturally. 

5. #5 vape2health, Apr 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2015
    Really depends on needs and desire. I grow Autoflowers and no longer bother with lst, I just let them do their thing. I grow what I need. I don't need the biggest buds, the strongest stain or a 5 ounce yield. Everybody has their own style and preferences. With experience, you will know what to do. Being new, I would suggest you get a couple of runs under your belt first, get the feel of the situation, then start testing various options.

6. Ya, it kinda sounds like you have to work a jumprope or do jumping jacks or something.  lol

7. No doubt. If you can tie your own shoes, you can LST. It even takes about the same amount of time but you don't have to do it everyday. I never did understand why a few people say to wait till you get more experience. It couldn't be any easier to do. Its more like plant guiding, then plant training. Far too easy to miss out on.

8. It's not necessary, but I can't imagine a circumstance where it doesn't help. It can actually be a pretty fun way to spend time with your plants, which may sound silly but it's actually pretty important for the learning process. The more time you spend with them looking at them, studying them, monitoring them, the more you learn about what you're doing and what's going on in your garden. You train them, and they train you!