Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is lighting a bowl with a zippo bad?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Baked Canadian, Jun 15, 2012.

1. I've heard that lighting a bowl with a zippo makes it taste like shit. Does it really? or does it not really matter that much?

2. Google Humboldt Wick. they will send you a free sample. You'll never use anything else

3. It's damn near impossible to do in the first place. You gotta get one of the Zippos that are DESIGNED for lighting bowls. And the very fact that bowl-lighting zippos exist pretty much proves that there isn't a bad taste (why would people use lighters that taste like shit?). Myth busted.

4. Its bad to breath in the amount of butane it gives off, soo yes it is.

5. I'd avoid it if possible, especially with headies, because why taint such a good thing with the taste of butane.

There's a reason people who smoke good cigars use matches.

6. Its impossible to light a bowl with a zippo...if your retarded^^!!! Its easy bit I would strongly suggest using a zippo if its your ONLY means of fire cuz it does, yes taste like shit. You can smell and taste the lighter fluid.

7. You are a banana in a waistcoat.

8. I only have a zippo with me at the moment, i lost my bic :(

9. Well if you wanna keep the name Baked Canadian then hiiitttt daaatttt shhiiittt!!!!!

10. tastes like shit... and bics are a lot cheaper

11. Use a magnify glass to light your bowl if it's sunny.

12. Zippos are outdated. They're more of a conversation piece than a lighter. I took the insert out of mine and replaced it with one that uses butane instead of lighter fluid and a wick. Tastes better and I don't have to refill it nearly as much.

13. I used zippos before but they suck. Ive tried everything. Hemp wick and the sun are the best ways to light a bowl. Zippos are such bitches esp. since you have to refill'em all the time.

14. I debating on getting one of those inserts, they come as a jet lighter insert and a butane insert right?

15. I prefer to use a zippo when lighting a joint or a blunt especially in the wind ; its a lifesaver

16. I love the smell of a zippo burning.

17. That's right. I bought both, but the jet lighter actually broke the first day I got it! The regular butane insert, however, is great though. I still use it regularly. Totally worth the $10. Just stay away from the jet lighter, it's a real piece of shit.

18. Zippos are the shit, but using it for weed is a terrible idea. I had no other lighter and tried it when I was younger, shit tasted horrible. So I used matches. Get hempwick, they are fantastic for toking.

19. It's not bad for you, but it uses oil instead of butaine, it doesn't taste very good..