is life an illusion??

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Ultramaxx, Sep 4, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Opinions on this forever debated topic ?

sometimes feels like I’m living in a simulation , or a society were we are trapped in a puppet master ruled world .
    A dream ? Feels like you don’t exist sometimes ..
    live in a failed society were aging and disease aren’t cured due to ignorance or greed it’s certainly possible to say we are in an orchestrated world government plan .
    Rumors of illuminati and other society’s
    Who worked forever to control the masses .

• Like Like x 1
  2. Idk why everyone is always so caught up in the idea of "is life a simulation/dream/whatever". Like if it was or is would that really be any less strange or any more comforting than it being base reality? Would it even make any difference at all? For all intents and purposes I don't think so.

Diseases are hard to cure but greed is definitely present throughout history. Some people think treatments are sought far more than cures or that cures are pushed aside for treatments for profit. It's logical, yes. And I wouldn't be surprised if treatments at least were prioritized over cures for that reason at times. But if you're a scientist and discovered a cure, that would certainly be something you want. You'd probably get rich and you'd be immortalized in history. Greed is a double edged sword.

As for secret societies, illuminati, nwo, etc. Yeah they probably exist in some way shape or form. It just flat out makes sense that those with the most money have the most power and control, they could buy the goverment, etc. Become ghosts, untouchable.

Regardless of any of that, I'm gonna live my life.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. An illusion is misperception, it takes a brain to misinterpret sensory input so if life is an illusion, who's illusion is it?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ed, your logic is nothing but an illusion, therefore it means nothing.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Everything means nothing. Nothing means anything. Anything means everything.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. all is a myth,when you die and come back,all you think about is death,so all the above mentioned is just a pipe dream.
    your life is dictated by your own actions,break free of the world wants and happiness does prevail,and you also see how stupid your previous life really was .
    so you change it,every breath means something,utilize every moment,dont forget the lights can go out right in the middle of any action so absorb the energy you got for happiness and void the rat race

• Like Like x 1
  7. I guess it depends on what you mean.

We do have a human perception of things. We experience time and store memories in ways that are unique to the sapien -- and those memories are often unreliable and divergent even among siblings. We only see part of the light spectrum. We only hear sound at certain frequencies. Everything we say or do is filtered through culture, language and shared constructs, imagination.

So if illusion simply means we perceive things in a limited and biased way, then sure. If by illusion you mean we're all a figment of someone else's imagination -- I'd say unlikely, though ultimately untestable and unverifiable, so irrelevant.

8. #8 Ultramaxx, Oct 25, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2021
    No I mean life is in illusion due to mortality and lack of technology to defeat death . Basically humanity has destroyed itself by creating super advanced technology but not managed to cure aging , diseases and death so essentially nothing really exists. If it truly exists it wouldn’t be perishable, so essentially I can’t see any point in anything it’s all meaningless. Money , power , everything no one can avoid the same fate of 100% of all life that is existed once . We’re essentially humanoid dinosaurs waiting on extinction..
    No less able to stop it then they were ..
    We’re like no smarter then monkeys when it comes to inventing immortality.
    We may as well had destroyed the world with nukes the outcome is no different , or given hitler a parade and all of Europe … they had a higher chance of invention a cure for this impending doom. And way smarter scientists then anyone of today ..
    If no amount of intelligence can save us what’s the point of it ? May as well party to the end of the world .

9. This website is an illusion to distract you from the truth.

• Like Like x 1
  10. And what's the truth?

11. Reality.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sometimes I don't know if I'm dreaming or awake, reality eludes me.

13. I'm always high so shit just passes me by like a meaning for my life etc, so i just live in the moment instead of trying to find a purpose or meaning, but i guess you can find meaning in enjoying/making the most of a moment.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Life is very much an illusion, and yet we can't deny how real it feels. It must therefore be all about what we learn from what we experience, not the underlying illusion in which experience can occur.

15. Everyone has their own reality in their head sadly

16. There own matrix basically? Or simulation

17. Imagine waking up fr a dream n u do the same to life after waking from that dream. Not so vivid anymore is it Frankie!

18. Yeah that’s a confusing statement, would be nice if you could just dream forever .

19. Yeah good question… hmm
    Is the Meaning of Life an Illusion?