Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is kief better than bud?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Buffalo Green, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Me and my friends are gonna buy an eigth for 60 bucks soon. I'm wondering if I should make it into kief to smoke, then smoke the remaining plant material as well? I heard kief is more potent in THC, so maybe we should just smoke the plant and top the bowls with kief?

I was going to use this method to get kief: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7d6eMmK-joU]Extracting Kief - simple easy homemade method - YouTube[/ame]

2. Kief is just the fallen off bits that were previously on the weed. There's no point in taking the kief off the weed and smoking it separately, because then the kief will get you high while the weed doesnt

3. Kief is more potent because it leaves behind most of the plant matter. You can still smoke the greens and get high, and kief will save your ass when you don't have bud. :D

4. Yeah this is what I meant. Thanks. :)

5. Yeah no problem. :wave:

Definitely just save up mountains of kief, you can get so high off of so little. :hippie:

6. I would personally grind the bud and save all the kief from that. Then for that rainy day where you have no bud, you will have a mountain of kief to smoke.

7. i would just get a 4pc grinder, and just leave the keif chamber alone for a while, you wont have too much keif off of an eighth but if you wait till youve ground up a good amount of nugget, youll be surprised, and it always helps to have when you hurtin for smoke

8. Keif is the thc

9. is queef better than pussy?

10. Kief isn't more potent, kief is what houses thc on the plant. Its just less plant material, not 'better' THC.

11. But a bowl of pure kief would be more THC than a regular bowl, right?

12. Yes, its basically the simplest form of a concentrate. Your just removing THC rich trichromes from the plant matter.

13. Whenever I pick up an OZ I put it in my kief box and shake out a shitload and make hash in my pollen press.

14. in that case you'd be better of just getting a kiefbox. i went into a headhsop to buy a grinder to store kief and i mentioned that i chop with scissors and only want it for collecting kief and he showed me a kiefbox for 20. 20 less than the grinder and said you should get this then it will collect way more kief for ya. i bought it and it's the best 20 i ever spent, now i top most of my bowls with kief. sometimes i'll put a layer of 1 kind of weed than a layer of kief then a layer of different weed. like a triple stack THC barrage in 1 bowl.

15. Kief is just a more concentrated form of thc than your bud. It is NOT more thc than your bud as that is impossible.

Just smoke your bud, don't waste it. Just invest in a good grinder that will catch any kief that falls off. Then you can smoke both your bud and kief. BTW kief is not that great at all. I would smoke flowers over it any day.
    If you really want to make something, make edibles, hash or bho.

16. Hash is kief though?

17. Get a thumb press. heat it up a bit, put the kief in it and start to twist the press. Dont be in a hurry, the more time your willing to take the better it will be. After a while i got tired of trying to tighten the press with my fingers, so I went and got a wood working clamp from rona.

Get a small one, it works great and for heating it up I put the press with clamp on top of my comp. After a few days I take it apart and break a chunk apart. I usually have to get a knife to cut it apart.