Is Kelp and Alfalfa meal enough for nitrogen deficiency

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by tawmsoyer, May 2, 2019.

1. I originally bought this fish fertilizer but then after further research I got paranoid because people were talking about the metals in fish getting into the weed. I returned that then looked into cottonseed meal which looked promising until I read about cotton being heavily sprayed by pesticides.

Now I feel like i'm just gonna go with the kelp and alfalfa meal but they both seem to have less overall nitrogen and more in potassium and phosphorus than the alaskan fish fertilizer and cottonsead meal. Is this enough for nitrogen defficiency. Also how do you use kelp and alfalfa meal in an already potted plant? (im using happy frog with some perlite)

2. The Alaskan fish fertilizer isn't bad at all, and its OMRI registered, which means a lot to me! But alfalfa meal can be used to help with a slight nitrogen deficiency. But I would still use both in tea format, get a 5 gallon bucket and fill it with R/O, Spring or distilled water, put 1 cup A/M and 1/2 cup K/M and mix it once a day for 4-5 days, the longer it brews the better. Then feed it to your plants, I usually give 3/4 of a gallon to each 5 gallon pot, but only once every 4 - 6 weeks, or if you want to use it as floral spray, run the tea through a soft cloth, cheese cloth or natural sponge before using the tea as a floral spray...