Is Jesus coming back??

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by elabrahamql, Nov 18, 2002.

1. first of all, I was raised in a catholic school.
    Whn I watch Jesus movies, I blame romans for killing Jesus, to make fun of him, etc etc.

But i was thinking, when the day Jesus come back, would you believe him? What would have you thought, if lived in Ghandi times, and supponing he said he was the son of God?. Would you have believed him?,

.....and it is sad.

2. well actually there is a theory that not jesus, but someone like jesus will come sometime in the future. someone that is truely enlightened and has a connecting with the higher universal energy. jesus moved on to a higher plane, but someone wil play the same role as him in the future.

3. I believe that you are right zia. And do it all in the name of "science."

4. "And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. All these are the beginning of sorrows. Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.... And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold... And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come... Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo here is Christ, or there; believe it not. For there shall arise falst Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. Behold, I have told you before... But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left. Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come." - Matthew 24:4-40

those are the more important verses (i left a few out)... if ya want more read matthew 24, and revelation. there's more books that contain prophecy, but these are the two biggest.

5. According to Modern Day Theorists, I would have to say that Jesus was there at the right place and right time...a few days earlier or later, it could have been a different story.....

How can a group of mortals write about one book at the same time in so many different languages just puzzles the hell out of me?

All I know is that a collection of minds tend to lean towards causes that will eventually harm others...an organization if you may in today's context.....

If one is hardworking enough to make others believe in their cause, he has successfully manipulated the majority into working for his cause....think it about it, it ain't hard to turn things into a logical pattern.....

Jesus, according to writers, did good and suffered a cruxification.....where's the justice? If Jesus did come back, what would be his mission this time? Why this long lag in history? Is religion a wait just like how they painted the wait for a diety to come down and save the Earth?

Too many questions, too little time......sometimes, it's better to have faith than none...

6. As far back as the second crusades (and possibly even further) theologans have predicted the second coming of christ, and the subsequent destruction of the world. Obviously we're still here, so some of the religous experts have been wrong for millenia (well, one millenium and change, if I remember my history correctly :D .) Who knows if there is a god, or a jesus, etc. etc. By the time we know for sure, it's too late. An interesting catch-22, IMO.

Personally, I've never agreed with religion. Countless wars have been waged in God's name, countless scam artists have gotten rich in the name of various gods, and so forth. The basic concepts of religion, that one must treat each other with respect and try to live a good life, are honorable and noble ideals indeed. However, I feel that the people have fucked it all up (to be so blunt) But that's just my opinion, I certaintly mean no offense to anyone.

7. Assuming the Bible to be correct… Let me answer this for you. For the Second coming of Christ… you will know it is him…

1. When ALL PEOPLE see him at the same time.

2. The Bible also says that if you are told he is here or there, do NOT go. Because there will be many false Christs, even in his time there were false ones.

3. Theologians love to predict when he is coming. The *UNTS do NOT know. So when you hear a theologian saying He will come again in the year 2003 or 6000 tell him I said to go Buck himself where the sun doesn't shine.

4. The Bible said that NOT even Christ, when he was here on earth knew when he shall return. That ONLY God Himself knew.

Some people believe that the belt of Orion is getting bigger so that he will come through there-I personally don't know and have never read anything in the Bible to indicate that.

Before he returns, according to the Bible, which many people deny… but that is okay, because when you see the prophecy, if they are to pass, then some will believe that it was accurate, some will STILL disbelieve.

We will have rumors of war and wars… much war!

The waters will turn to blood.

The heavens-stars, etc will be shaken.

The sun will not shine-some people think this already happened.

Women will wish they were barren… starvation will be rampant.

Christians will be persecuted for believing in Christ… since there is NO real proof that he existed and IS the son of God-or that there is a God as a matter of speaking.

There will be two prophets that will be killed in Jerusalem. We ALL will be able to see their death. This is why… The Bible says Knowledge shall increase and people shall travel to and fro. We do have technological advances even now was we speak… it wouldn't be a thing to see them the live action from your PC, TV, Cell phones, etc…

When these two Witnesses die, they will lay in the streets for 3 days (I don't know if this is prophetic days or really 3 days). From what I have read, I think it would be actually 3 days…the 3 days would be symbolic of the 3 days Jesus was buried, the 3 days Jonas was in the belly of the whale, etc.

When these two prophets lay dead in the street, people will celebrate and rejoice that they will no longer be among us. On the third day they shall rise again.

According to the Bible there is only ONE death, the next one is forever. So, I believe, from what I have read in the Bible that Enoch and Elias (Elija sp?) will be the two prophets since neither one have died. Enoch never died, but disappeared in the field when he was 365 years old. No one knows where he went.

Enoch's disappearance is making use of great symbolism even if the Bible is a farce, if you ask me. Living on earth for 365 days and then disappearing and then coming back at the End Time is a great way to go and leave a sign behind you.

Elias, well he is the one that was translated into heaven on the Chariot. The symbolism with him was also present with John the Baptist. John came to prepare the way for Jesus by stir some shit so people will know that he is on his way. That is why the Bible says that John came in the Spirit of Elias. Read Matthews.

Gtg now… I'll finish some other time.

Den Activist