Is Jesus black, white or both?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by dreambaby, Dec 12, 2016.

1. #101 waktoo, Apr 29, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2017
    Post deleted. Wasn't relevant to thread topic...

2. Anyone who thinks of deities in terms of race, has a very limited perception of what a deity is. I think I got that after my 10th comic book.

I don't claim to know what deities (should they exist) would be into, but I guarantee you race would not be it.
    That is 100% human and even we might stop giving a shit completely within a generation or two.

3. does it really matter?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Middle Eastern/Jewish if going "historically". Also how I see him, due to this.

But, everyone can believe what they want. I even accept that many don't chose to believe in him.

• Like Like x 1
  5. If you are a believer, he is whatever you want and need him to be, when and wherever you need. (Atheist here)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Which is also related to Hebrew and Arabic in language, and not solely spoken in Ethopia (which have been found in many parts of the M.E.)

Aramaic language - Wikipedia

7. Jesus is a skeleton.
    He's been dead for 2,000 years.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. OMG They found his bones?

9. I honestly thought I'd get flagged for this thread. But I'm actually proud of what it came out of thought. Love everyone's stand point and views on it. I'm open to knowledge.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. That includes ignoring offensive weird remarks

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  11. And we all know it appeared in Africa first. Various African writing systems predate Arabic and Hebrew. Remeber these are called AFRO-asiatic languages. Nubian script(which pre dates arabic by over a thousand years) was one of the pre-cursers to arabic. The actual bible deacribes Jesus as skin like BURNT BRASS and hair of sheeps wool. This same jesus went to Ethiopia to escape persecution and the armies at the time looking for him could not tell him apart from the natives.

12. Every race thinks sky daddy is their color.

But we've gone ahead and made him white, I wonder why ?!?

• Like Like x 1
  13. As someone who knows a lot of middle easterners, I assure you that they can be burnt brass color with VERY wooly hair.

We'll just have to agree to disagree. But I respect your opinion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Yea and that region depending on the country has upwards to 20% Black african admixture. Mind you Saudi Arabia is 10-15 percent black african in ethnicity. "Middle Eastern" is not an ethnicity and is quite a misnomer in terms of categorizing people. Land of Kush is Sudan (black nation). Many biblical figures and people are just black africans. Its a hard pill to swallow in a world in which black people are not seen as humans. Looking at the evidence objectively, Jesus was a black skinned Ethiopian man.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Listen, everyone is human.

Most middle easterners aren't considered human.

Your jesus is black. Mine is middle eastern and jewish. It's all cool and at the end of the day, it comes down to your actions (sins, repent, so on and so forth) if you believe in such - not what color he was.

Again, respecting your opinion. I'm cool with people believing as they'd like. But I also appreciate when people bestow the same for me.

16. Well you are going against the biblical rendition of Jesus. Once again middle eastern is not an ethnicity.

17. He was noted as being physically jewish.

Done arguing though, since apparently respect for opinion is only one sided ;).

Blessings.

18. Kudos to the spirit that does Jesus's laundry. All those white sheets and not a stain one can be found.

19. If Jesus is real and up in heaven right now then he would be neither, he is not any "race" but at the same time he is all things to all men. The concept of race is made up by us humans to divide and keep us fighting among each other

• Like Like x 1