Is Jesus black, white or both?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by dreambaby, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Jesus was able to hide in ETHIOPIA among the local population. He was a dark skinned African point blank.

2. I am sorry my joke offended you...
    Orthodox Jew's don't marry out side of there race, black people and gentiles or all races other then Jew's
    were not allowed to worship in the temple at that time ....only full blooded jews are Gods chosen people at that time ..
    I am sorry but all the history pertaining to that time period forbids Jews from marrying out side of their race .

Even today it is forbidden for Orthodox Jews to marry out of there race ,
    They are still waiting for the first coming of Christ. they believe the Jewish race is the only race of people who will go to heaven .
    They believe they will be one of the 144.000 Jews.
    Allot of religions are extremely traditional, the orthoxdox jewish religions being one of the strictest and most traditional.
    They live the old testament ... some only live by the first 5 books of the Bible ..

Personally I don't care what color God or Christ is, but the fact remains only Jews were allowed into the temple, not gentiles ...

3. The seed of Christ is very well documented in the Bible .
    There is no one who is black in his blood line ..
    His blood line is made known . read Mathew 1.1
    When you find someone in there who is other then Jewish please post it .

4. I wrote out a whole response to why what you said is complete crap however I realised my words would fall on def ears and this topic is ridiculous to begin with. I deply regret ever responding to this thread.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. What many people are trying to tell you is that in the location you're referring to (general ME, NA area) and the time period in which you're speaking about contained a Jewish "race" that likely look similar to modern day black people. To say there's no black in His bloodline is purposefully misleading because black today is a rigid color category.

During the Old Testament, if coinciding with evolution, then the first humans were out of Africa. Places other than Africa and the ME don't get talked about much until the New Testament, iirc. Been a minute since I've studied the Bible, tbh.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I feel exactly the same about your words you cant back with written history .

7. Beta Israel - Wikipedia
    Case and point.
    at one point in time I studied many a religious text.

8. It's interesting because they've been practicing Judaism for centuries now.

It sucks religion gets shat on so much. Piecing Biblical text with human history produces more overlap than most people realize. For instance the Philistines from Israel are mentioned by the ancient Egyptians as having once been a tribe in Africa that migrated.

Pretty cool stuff, imo.

9. I know. I used to study Judaism until a few years ago. Apparently that Ethiopian tribe is one of the 12 tribes. But given the climate It's very likely everyone from the middle east was dark skinned.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Hi
    I don't wish to argue about God . everyone has the right to believe as they wish .
    Not for a moment do I think I can change anyone's mind.
    I wasn't there back then , I am not a eye witness.
    I did study under a couple of Theologians, I didn't write the Bible and the Orthodox Jewish religion is extremely traditional as in not marrying out of there race.

I am only trying to be honest about what I know to be the truth by years of studying.

As of evolution ,, there was none, Its a theory and nothing more ..
    This one scientific fact pretty much blows Evolution out of the water .
    How quickly was the Earth rotating 250 million years ago?

So how can you have soft tissue that is 200 million years old ?

• Like Like x 1
  11. How many white people you seen from Iran and Iraq bruh?? Jesus was an Arab so he was brown, not black or white.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  12. I agree .
    To add to your statement the only people that would be offended on what color Christ is would be the racists.

The people who follow God and or Christ teachings, and truly love God don't care what color he is.
    The teachings in the Bible, doesn't say that any race shouldn't receive Gods Promise in the new testament ..

The person who helped carry the cross for Christ was a black man .
    First gentile to be Baptized after Christ death was black .
    First person see Christ resurrected was a woman .

13. Yeah when I was a kid I overcame the overt racism around me by reminding myself that my savior was a man of color himself

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Maybe the beauty of it all is that Jesus can be black, white, brown, whatever color to whoever. Or maybe that's the stupidity of it all trying to shove him in one shoebox or another.. I dunno. I personally don't care it doesn't change what people believe he did.

16. I like to picture my Jesus with like eagle wings, and singin' lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an angel band and 'm in the front row and 'm hammered drunk.

17. I can tell you this much; he sure as shit isn't orange.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Jesus was not a Arab. He spoke Arahamic. A language still spoken in ethipoia. Jesus was a dark skinned African. Burnt brass skin and wooly hair. Most biblical figures are dark skinned Africans.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Why is this so important? why is religion important? black, bronze, jew, arab, shinny, ashy. it makes no difference to any of our lives.