Is it wrong to kill?

Discussion in 'General' started by Zr-01stamg, Nov 6, 2010.

1. I look at things in a primal matter if you're life is threatened or you are put in a situation that puts your life vs the other persons life is it wrong to kill them??

Personally i love the idae of thinning the herd if i could selectively execute a large majority of the population i would be quite content with myself.

Does anyone else find natural selection wrong or do you love the idea of it?

2. Depends on the reason

3. too bad my i killed someone thread got deleted i tihink it would fill alot of gaps in my theory

4. Look into utilitarianism. Taking any life is generally frowned upon, but there are definitely situations where it is acceptable.

5. Only if the government permits it.

6. ya like a need the govs approval :smoke:

7. Above the law are you?

8. I only find two reasons that killing another is okay.

1) The most likely of situations. Self-Defense. If you are threatened by another that you truly believe they will take the life of you, or one you love (family or friend), you have the right to defend them. Even if you come across a robbery/murder in progress, you should have the right to defend them. If lethal force is needed, that is for the court to decide.

2) Survival.

I dont know if this is something we all know, but a plane went down in the mountains, and they had to eat the dead to survive

9. It is not wrong to kill if it is absolutely necessary in terms of self defense.

It is wrong, however, to kill just for the hell of it, or for some petty bullshit like drugs.

10. anyone wearing a fanny pack is justification enough for murder.

11. #11 mushroomsatsuji, Nov 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2010
    For the 'hell of it'? no doubt. I have heard of a few who were bound, and burned alive for drugs.

Those who kill for fun qualify for the highest level of Hell, treason.

12. This pretty much sums it up.

13. #13 Elem3nt17, Nov 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2010
    I can only think of 2 situations where I would be able to kill someone.

1) Self Defense

2) If someone say raped, molested, or abused in any way one of my children, wife, or relative. I would kill them without taking a second thought, and it would probably be a gruesome scene.

EDIT:Sorry 3 reasons.

3) If I felt that the sovereignty of my nation was ACTUALLY in danger, I would pick up arms.

14. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UJz0O2NjOo]YouTube - Dexter: Serial Killer by Night[/ame]

15. While understandable, this is still considered revenge. No sane person would ever think that you were out off line, but sadly still considered 1st degree murder.

If such thing did happen, we would take action, regardless of the outcome. Some may be merciful, and kill them outright. Others, like me, would ensure that every moment of their remaining life is in pain.

16. It's not wrong, it's not right, it's just a kill.

If you need to kill someone, just do it. No need to justify it.

But be responsible for it afterwards, that's all I have to say.

17. If it's down to my life or yours, trust me, it'll be you that leaves this planet.

Killing in the name of living, is always necessary, I love life too much.

18. Almost all forms of life must kill something in order to survive.

19. depends who you kill and why. The thinning of the herd idea seems appealing, but i dont think i could live with the grief, all those people just gone because of one disgruntled asshat with a nuclear silo

20. i love that you said thinning the herd

and yes i think that killing a few people is perfectlly acceptable because its in nature but knifes and guns are not natural so we would have to beat them to death to make accetable