Is it worth it

Discussion in 'Aeroponics' started by pacmans.toking, Dec 19, 2013.

1. So I have a botonicare aroponics system that was given to me it is about a 12 tray system pretty big has all the steel framing, trays and covers have intake and outake setup and the nutrient buckets I have a 60 gallon water resivor I had a reverse osmosis filter that I know nothing about and is except it froze full of water and cracked now I currwntly grow dirt bit was wondering if it be worth the time to try and piece this aroe system togethere How fast is vege to harvest time and is the yeild usually high any advice would be great

2. #2 TheAnswer121, Dec 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2013
    growth is explosive. wouldn't start out learning aeroponics, personally. it's a lot to take on. but give it a shot. worst case scenario, you learn a lot from your mistakes. it could also go really well and you could get a bountiful harvest. good luck

3. [quote name="TheAnswer121" post="19193951" timestamp="1387491440"]growth is explosive. wouldn't start out learning aeroponics, personally. it's a lot to take on. but give it a shot. worst case scenario, you learn a lot from your mistakes. it could also go really well and you could get a bountiful harvest. good luck[/quote]Well im not starting on aroe I already grow dirt and I know its alot harder and more precise and dont have room to screw up thats why im on here to see if it worth it im finishing my dirt grow now but if I am going to set up aroe I wont have space for dirt

4. of course finish your current grow first. gotta clean and disenfect before beginning a new setup. then you can do it properly and not have to sacrifice ur current harvest.

5. [quote name="TheAnswer121" post="19194020" timestamp="1387492066"]of course finish your current grow first. gotta clean and disenfect before beginning a new setup. then you can do it properly and not have to sacrifice ur current harvest.[/quote]Ya your just not understanding anything I asking. IS IT WORTH IT to grow aroe whit the suplies I already have and trying to get this system I have completed and going what is the yeild vrs dirt and grow time vrs dirt or should I grow dirt agian your just telling me what I just told you. im an experienced grower I know how to take care of my suplies and my grow rooms and how to clean ill just wait for someone who will actually read what im asking and not just tell me what I know

6. i guess i don't understand. why would it NOT be worth it. growth will be 10x faster. yield is relative to ur setup and care, not growing medium

7. [quote name="TheAnswer121" post="19194081" timestamp="1387492806"]i guess i don't understand. why would it NOT be worth it. growth will be 10x faster. yield is relative to ur setup and care, not growing medium[/quote]Because I already have a good setup going in dirt and dont wana compromise that just for a system that I have parts to and am not sure what I need to finish it what is the average start to finish time do you grow aro yourself?

8. Aero is always worth it. it is the fastest most explosive method. i have 2 identical rooms, 1 has an aero unit, the other is dirt, aero shaves 3 weeks off my harvest, potency is higher, flavor is better, its less work, and it out yields the dirt room by almost a half pound. you gotta have skillz, and if you fuck up your plants die, but i can get almost 2 lbs of primo og kush off of 6 plants in a 5x5 tent running an aero setup and a single 600w HPS... every time

9. im with bossdodge aero is the fastest growing method out of soil and hydro . their is no medium to buffer just emitters  and make SURE 100% light proof . and water temps stay under 76f and no less then 60f .  also buy ro water or  spring water it has no ppm. a few more bucks but your harvest will be improved. .

only disadvantages :if the pump fails the plants will die . 

10. [quote name="gus738" post="19251200" timestamp="1388371583"]im with bossdodge aero is the fastest growing method out of soil and hydro . their is no medium to buffer just emitters and make SURE 100% light proof . and water temps stay under 76f and no less then 60f . also buy ro water or spring water it has no ppm. a few more bucks but your harvest will be improved. .only disadvantages :if the pump fails the plants will die . [/quote] Ok thanks guys ima set it up for sure I got alot of water pumps on hand probly only run 4 trays and not the full 12 I have at first just to give it a try

11. looking to get setup on aero too but cant find the equipment local

12. [quote name="stormerjack" post="19297887" timestamp="1389131397"]looking to get setup on aero too but cant find the equipment local[/quote]Ya I literally found mine got it for free just had to ask

13. I'd say the disadvantage of aero is the water's susceptibility to bacteria/fungi and ph/temp fluctuations.
    Once the roots are established your pump could go off for a good while without drowning. 

14. Is there a hardware and a pet store local?
    You can build a deep water culture for about 50bucks from those 2 shops.