Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by SmokingRookie, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Is it really worth it to grow? I mean if you live in a non-MMJ state then you can get arrested for it, but if you don't then you can still grow but it still costs money. You gotta get all the lights, seeds, soil, your own room, place, be able to actually grow, etc.

So I ask you seasoned tokers out there is it worth it to grow? Thanks. And yes I know this might be the wrong topic for it, or place but I wanted to ask the seasoned tokers that actually grow. Thanks. :smoke:

2. It is completely, if you smoke enough, and if you sell, you can make back all the money you spent by selling your first yield. But you never have to deal with dealers , and it's free(ish).
    Number 1. Rule to growing
    Don't tell anyone, and you won't get caught, if no one knows, it's pretty much impossible

3. yeah, but i've heard that if you use a lot of lights that people (cops) could tell from your electricity bill. the only reason i ask is because i wanna grow.

4. why would cops be looking at your electricity bill? lol...if no one knows your growing then cops aren't going to be randomly looking at electricity bills.

5. if they notice, or an electricity place notice it go from 100 dollars a month to 300 dollars a month, wouldn't they say something?

6. Not worth it.

Too much stress.

I'll wait til it's completely legal to grow, not gonna take any paranoia for a tiny buzz.

7. Worth it if u have the ability to set up and handle the grow with minimum risk

8. [quote name='"SmokingRookie"']yeah, but i've heard that if you use a lot of lights that people (cops) could tell from your electricity bill. the only reason i ask is because i wanna grow.[/quote]

You only have to worry about electricity bills when you have a massive grow going. Think about it you can grow 2 or 3 plants with 6-7 42watt Cfls. Police aren't going to knock down your door because you screwed in a fewa lightbulbs.

9. i doubt it, that's more money in their pocket...but idk i don't grow, but if you're really worried about electricity then do outdoor/greenhouse

10. not to be bitchy or nothing, but anyone that grows can I get some advice? like how much would one load cost me? compared to buying it vs growing it.

11. [quote name='"SmokingRookie"']not to be bitchy or nothing, but anyone that grows can I get some advice? like how much would one load cost me? compared to buying it vs growing it.[/quote]

It would depend on what equipment you were buying and also how much weed costs in your area.

12. Well how much is basic equipment? And usually it's decently cheap here, like 15-20 dollars for a gram. Nothing to brand or whatever.

13. [quote name='"SmokingRookie"']

Well how much is basic equipment? And usually it's decently cheap here, like 15-20 dollars for a gram. Nothing to brand or whatever.[/quote]

Your cheapest set up would be like 120-140 to grow 1 maybe 2 plants. You'd probably get like 2-3 ozs if it's your first time growing.

14. That would definetly be worth it..Damn. Now I just need my own place or something.

15. Dude are you baked.. If the cops investigated everyone electricity bill who goes up a hundred bucks we woodnt have a police force lmao no one is gonna care that ur bill went up

16. It's not cheap, but it's worth it imo.

17. My PC uses roughly as much power consumption for gaming as my flowering tent does, and if you try and conserve electricity after you start growing, you might even pay less because of unneeded electronics not being used.

18. i might look into it.

19. I'm legal so it's different for me but it's definitely worth it money wise plus there's something to be said about having a big glass jars of your own fine bud.

20. outdoor saves costs, more redhot though. If its personal, one or two plants in your backyard is sweet. That is what my mates doing, its hidden from plain site (duhh) and doesnt reek to bad (yet..)