Is it worth it to pay extra and get the arizer air instead of the solo?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Melonbudz, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Hi I'm about to get ready to buy my very first herb vape this weekend and I'm pretty damn excited lol. I narrowed it down to the Solo and the Air since those two seem to be the best quality portable vaporizers when it comes to vapor. I like the portability of the air and the changeable batteries but is it worth just forking out $230 for it instead of the Solo with is $159 right now. I read from one of "Vape critic's" posts and he said that he felt the air didn't perform as well as the solo. Any thoughts from anyone here who has experience with both? Does one have less draw resistance than the other ect?

2. I don't know where you got those prices but the solo can be had for around 120 and the air for 170.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. 'Best' can be very subjective. The air has improvements over the solo. If I was in the market, probably would look at the air pretty seriously. I don't mind the solo, but it probably wouldn't be my choice these days.

4. Remember if you are in the USA you can save about 20% to buy from a Canadian vendor like planetvape or Torontovaporizer both end in .ca instead of .com.

If you check the sponsors page in FC there are frequently deals on the Air and the Solo.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

5. the improvements are based around a more stealthy version of the solo which is the deciding factor between the two imo

6. The glass seems protected much better. I think the batteries are similar to those used in ecig mods as well. Don't quote me on that, haven't really researched yet.

7. protected better? They are the same as the solo except smaller and they have that plastic (delrin I thjnk?) Tip which is the only difference. The batts the air uses are the same as the haze,and several other vapes including some from w9tech.com the persei

I need you to tell me where you found those prices because everywhere else the cheapest for the solo is $159 for the Solo and $224 for the Air, unless you are referring to ebay sellers which I would rather not purchase from,I want to buy from an authorized seller only.

It is the same as the ecigs actually. And protected glass is a plus because from vids of the Solo I saw the glass piece could easily fall out. Is the draw resistance worse on the air or the solo?

Haha yeah I was going to buy from Torontovaporizer specifically because of the free Zeus lighter  :ey:

9. Doesn't the glass fit in the chamber deeper, I know it's shorter, but I've only used the air twice.

10. I own a Solo and I've been considering buying an Air. I've read a ton about it on the FC forums. If you care about portability and stealth then I would definitely get the Air. But if you don't, then the Solo will give you pretty much the same vape quality as the air. The only cons I read from the Air is that the battery life is worse than the solo and there is no actual battery indicator on it. But you can purchase additional batteries and swap them as you please.

I think it's worth the extra 50 bucks for an Air, it is pretty comparable to the Solo but is slightly upgraded. When I draw from my solo it sometimes loses its temperature and apparently this has been fixed with the Air.

11. Used at home...........Solo
    Used when out and about...........Air

12. Hey guys! I decided to go ahead and order the Arizer Air of a Canadian Vaporizer website, since I paid with USD I only had to pay $184 for it since it is cheaper in Canada. Can't wait until it gets here I'll let you all know how it is!