Is it worth it to go for it?

Discussion in 'General' started by Domuk, May 12, 2012.

1. I'm currently in the nation guard in till I am sent off in about 4 month for boot camp then I will finally go active. I am extremely excited for it and am doing my best to succeed in this path(Corpsman and proud!). My question though is about a relationship.

Recently a girl was hired at my work and we chat back and forth, I flirt, I think she flirts back(I'm not a lady man [​IMG]) and it is all fun and games. We went to a movie after work and she fell asleep half way through the movie, normally that would be discouraging but considering she actually fell asleep on me, full blown cuddle. I was rather encouraged. Now my last relationship ended horribly, so I'm picky about who I picked things up with now but man did it feel good having her out on a date.
    Anyways, were going out again to catch some dinner after I get some work, borrowing my dad car as I only have a motorcycle sadly, but I just want to see what random strangers have to say about my situation. Really, is it worth pursuing this? I couldn't even tell you if she liked me or not, we get along but she could just be a flirt like me.

Anyways summary.
    Going military, plan to make it a career. Don't want anything to really hold me back to my fullest.
    Went on a date with a girl, I like her, I think she likes me back, going again.
    Curious as to whether I should keep pursuing this?

I don't expect this girl to be the one, I just want to know whether to pursue with me leaving in 4 month.

2. well tell her what you are doing and see what she thinks.

honestly some girls dont want to get into that whole 'military wife/girlfriend' agenda (not saying youre going to marry her but still)

and nice, nat guard, im going into navy in a few months ;]

goodluck bruh

3. I say why not. Just make sure she knows you are leaving. I dated a girl who was leaving for the navy lots of fun lots of sex no strings in the end. Just make sure you are the type who can have fun without forming a serious bond.

4. basically what blunt said, talk to her about joining the guard. dont mention anything about further down the line, i mean you guys only went on one date. id say pursue it and see what happens. and im probably wrong about this but doesnt the national guard only take up one weekend a month for training? or is that just reserve?

5. I'm in the national guard right now, then when I pass boot camp, I become active. I won't be nation guard when out of boot camp.

I think I'll see where it goes, hell I don't even know if will date.

6. Nothing ventured, nothing gained dude. Go for it.

7. Depends on what your intentions are with her...just get to know her and be friends, unless you think you'll become emotionally attached

8. Well in short, I'm not a one night stand type of guy. If I pursue something, I normally go in with heart.

9. Smash that like there is no tomorrow.

10. You should pursue it, you might not think she's the one right now, and maybe she won't be, but if she ends up being it doesn't hurt to keep that option open.

Find out what kinda girl she is, after four months you should be able to decide how much you like her, and weather or not she's the kind of girl that would wait for your return.

I don't know how much communication you get in the military, but if you decide you like her, and she decides she likes you just communicate as much as possible with her while you are away.

*shrugs* couldn't hurt to date her for now and see how things go