Is it worth it in my case?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by stoned_soldier, Oct 13, 2003.

1. I want to start growing next year if possible when I get my own apartment. But I have some things that are stopping me.

1) I can't grow stuff for shit. I hate biology, chemistry, and never paid attention to those classes. It's not like growing vegetables.

2) I want to grow only a max. of 5 plants of (between) mids to really good shit.

3) Is 5 plants enough to last me a year for me and possibly a little bit for friends (say it's 4 Indica and one Sativa)? I smoke once maybe twice a day if it's regs.

4) How much will it cost?

5) What's hydroponic and aeroponic?

6) Do you have to be a scientific kind of person to clone? And what's the purpose of cloning? I believe it's taking a copy of a good plant and then root it later???

7) How much does it stink the room you're growing in?

That's basically it. I might have forgotten something but I'll post it later.

Oh yes one more:

8) I live in Canada where they might decrim (it's a fucking CRAPPY way to please us ubt anyways....) and they're upping the punishment for dealers and growers.

2. 1/ Don't grow if your not committed, and have no intrest in it, apart from the end product.

2/ Better trying 1 or 2 to start with as they can be quite demanding, and it takes a bit more skill to notice problems quicker, and resolve them before too much damage is done.

3/ i would doubt that 5 would see you through a year, as if you have the weed there, trust me you'll smoke it...lol....unlikely to grow a indicas with a sativa in the same room, as the light/s are usually positioned above the plants......i.e. at approx 4'.......but some sativas can grow to over 8' tall..........hence the lights would need to be positioned to light the plants vertically...........

4/Depends on which set-up you choose, and how serious you are about it........from $50-100 to $1000 for a better set-up.

5/ Hydroponic, is when the roots are grown in a solution, and in a system such as an ebb and flow.........not too sur about aeroponics, but i imagine it's just hydro, and adding air to help the roots develop, and possibly increase yield.

6/ No you don't need to be a rocket scientist to clone......but a green finger will help....lol.......and yes it means that if you get a female you can clone her and insure that all your future plants will be female.

7/ It will smell, if your going to grow 5 plants, then people will know, unless you can invest in good ventilation, with will cost $.

8/ Try the u.k. where you'll get charged under "drug trafficking", and face 14 long ones in the slammer......!!

hope that helps you...........ps try 1 or 2 first, and keep a log, take notes of any mistakes and learn from them.........Peace out.........Sid