Is It Worth It Getting A Vape Pen??

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by LoveisKind, Sep 11, 2014.

1. #1 LoveisKind, Sep 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2014
    I've heard great things about vape pens... Less stinky than blunts/joints and weed can be conserved so you don't have to use a ton of it to get high unlike blunts/joints. I am assuming you just stick a small amount of weed in it and it vaporizes so it slowly burns the weed which = a great high with less weed. Am looking to only using flower weed only. What are some good brands to look out for? How much do they usually cost?

2. IMO it's not worth it for buds, only concentrates. Most all vape pens on the market use heating coils similar to ecigarette atomizers, that make direct contact with the weed. Atoms, Gpen, Mcig, and the like all use combustion. A portable vape is the way to go for buds. (Arizer Solo, DaVinci Ascent, Firefly, Magic Flight Launch Box, etc.) :smoke: 

3. Thanks for clarifying. Will look into that. Any other alternatives that may be cheaper as well that's good at conserving flower weed?

The easiest , cheapest alternative for conserving while maximizing your high right now is cornering the bowl. It doesn't cost anything and it takes minimal effort. Corner the bowl so you burn your weed more efficiently . If you already corner your hits, maybe an electric pipe? Although a lot of those burn the shit out of the weed. 

5. I have an arizer solo and it probably takes about 1/3 of the amount of bud vs. smoking.  Also, like with eating, stop vaping/smoking before you feel high.  I usually take 10-15 pulls from my arizer at which point I feel a little high, then 10 minutes later I feel REAL high.  These two tips alone should cut your bud expense in half. 

6. There shouldn't be no "slow burning" involved in vaping. Vaping is basically like heating up the weed so it releases vapor.
    Are they worth it?
    Vape Pens no as I heard most combust but real portable vaporizers yes.

I would look into a MFLB for discreetness if I were you or maybe The Hammer.
    Right now I wanna buy The Hammer and Arizer Solo.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

I wouldn't trust a vape pen for conserving at all. As @[member="ErvTheSmoker"] go with the MFLB or The Hammer. I own both and 1/8th lasts me 2 weeks. MFLB is extremely stealthy and discreet... compared to a vape pen, I'd pick the MFLB all day.

8. in my area in canada these oil vape pens have risen in popularity. people are either making their own concentrates or ordering the refils from online sites like this one:

http://www.bcmedipens.ca/product-category/bud-oil-refills/

in my opinion when this is done right the taste and convinience is pretty damn good.