Is it weird to buy a vape without ever having used one?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by butbeautiful, Jan 25, 2014.

1. I've been smoking for about four years now and I've used papers, pieces, bongs, and edibles. I have a variety of pieces and a bong, and the bong is what I use the most regularly. Lately I've been coughing up some pretty gross stuff (I don't smoke cigarettes) which has caused me to think about getting a vape. I've never used one before, but because I'm a regular smoker I've been thinking about investing since I have heard they're healthier since it's being vaporized... I've never known anyone with a vape so I don't know what it's like compared to other smoking methods. All the research I've been doing points to a vape being a big investment which makes me nervous about something I don't have experience with. Is this crazy? Should I start off with a cheaper one and see what I think, or go for quality (and more $$) first?

2. #2 TengoHambre420, Jan 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2014
    Not crazy at all, I was in the same situation as you. I had never vaped before but I was always interested in them. I decided to check some out online and they're really not all that expensive unless you want to go for a volcano which are like $500+. I decided to go with a cheap vapor bros for around $100 and I couldn't be happier with it. I'll probably upgrade to something more fancy in the future, for now I'm just getting used to the vaping experience and I think it was a good investment. Cleaner hits, cleaner high, cleaner lungs. 

3. sane as could

you did well

4. #4 lwien, Jan 25, 2014
    You don't need to spend a lot of money to "get your toes wet" with vapor.     My first vape was a 60 dollar VaporGenie.

Some advice though.    Whatever vape you decide to go with, go over to fuckcombustion.com as well as search here to read up on user tips on how to best use it.   Most all vaporizers have a learning curve to be able to get the best out of them.    Make sure you learn these techniques.    Also, make sure that you don't combust at all for about 3 weeks.   Just use the vaporizer.    You're body needs some time to wean itself off all of those smoke toxins.

5. How can you go wrong with another tool in the toolbox?
    Get a budget, make a list of all the things you want and expect from it, then start checking reviews on the ones in that price range.
    Portability, stealth, heat range and settings...are you going backpacking with it, or is it for the home....have an idea of what you want and you won't get dissapointed.
    Just know, there are different techniques and preparations you need to be aware of for a lot of them. Puffing instead of sucking, grinding the bud to powder, maintenance and cleaning....things like that. Not all vapes have the same variables and needs. So don't be discouraged if you see a few negative reviews. Some people don't bother to ask or research....but they are quick to review and trash good products because of their own stupidity. So take the reviews with a grain of salt. 

6. #6 lFourTwenty, Jan 25, 2014
    You can't go wrong with the arizer solo as a first vape if you are wanting a portable unit. Da buddha or silver surfer if you want a desktop one. These 3 are highly recommended, and definitely won't break the bank. The solo is an all-glass pathway..it provides great taste. It can function well as a desktop vape too.

7. I actually was floating in the same boat. I'd use bongs and bubblers but I started coughing up black shit so I decided to quit smoking and go to vaping. My first vape was the MFLB. It is an okay vape but doesn't hit hard. Next I got the Da Buddha. Man did that thing rip. Finally I found my favorite vape I've tried, the Arizer Solo. It's pretty good for on the road use and stuff. Gotta research for the good ones, but you can get a Vapor Genie to try out vaping and it rips once you get the hang of it.

8. THC is a natural expectorant...I find that I cough my ass off when I get that magic amount of it in me. And its a good cough that cleans out my shitty cigarette smoking lungs.......

I don't have anything in my lungs to cough up O.O I coughed it up like a year ago.

10. I wish I could say the same thing. I though about just vaping loose tobacco....but kinda feel like it would be sacrilege to do that to any of my vaporizors. I need to just quit. That shit is addictive poison. But hey....It's my choice to injest what I want. Even if it's bad for me....right? LOL, fucking government

11. I can probably count the number of times i've toked on one hand in my life before I went and got an mflb.

I love how this government has decided to keep alcohol and tobacco legal but keep weed at a schedule I drug.

Probably? :laughing:

I could too......if I had a billion fingers on one hand and Vaporizors had been invented back then...I learned about the concept from High Times way back when. They said to wet your weed because it was more efficient. But back then I just smoked my $25 oz's and called it a day. But I'd vape my resin..........LOL

14. I was in the same boat too. I had never used a vaporizer when I bought mine. I got recommendations from people here and did my own research. I decided to get the da Buddha. I love it and wouldn't trade it at all. Just make sure you find what works for your situation and then you won't regret anything. Sent from my SCH-S738C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. I hadn't ever tried vaping and bought a Vapor Genie Aluminum Bat.

Sucked ass. Still sucks ass. I've never mastered it, either because it sucks ass so much, or I'm really stupid. Both equally possible, in this case.

I kept at it and kept looking at other options and ended up buying a sanded-off # MFLB from Amazon. When I notified MFLB, that began a long and beautiful relationship with them and others, with these wonderful and clean alternatives to nasty ass smoke.

Still hate that damn VG, but when the zombies come... at least I'll still be able to vape!