Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is It True You Have To Swallow The Smoke To Get The Effects?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by drummerben04, Aug 26, 2014.

1. #1 drummerben04, Aug 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2014
    My friend tells me in order to get the benefits from smoking or vaping cannabis you can't blow out the smoke, you have to swallow it in your lungs. He says it's the equivalent to chewing food and spitting it out. That it has to get into your system. Help from someone who knows what their talking about would be much appreciated. Not trying to be rude just don't want some bad advice. Thanks!

2. i would like to know the answer to this aswell lol

3. #3 Rootsphere_Farms, Aug 26, 2014
    Your friend is stupid lol. Hold it in for a brief moment and blow it out. Don't swallow it, that's HORRIBLE. 90% of the THC is absorbed into your lungs within the first few seconds, no reason to hold it in any longer, you will just be implanting more tar into your lungs.

4. If your friend is genuinely swallowing smoke, he needs to craigslist his vape and all his other stuff, too. Not smart enough, etc. You INHALE smoke and vapor, not swallow. 

5. You don't have to swallow the smoke, you let the smoke enter your lungs but you breathe it out again afterwards. Swallowing smoke will result with eventually burping smoke. Don't   :smoke: . Just toke, take a little second breath and breathe out. Have fun don't stress it it becomes natural   :bongin:

6. Haha well your friend is what we call, an idiot. Inhale the smoke, hold 3 seconds. Blow out. No swallowing of smoke.

7. You do not swallow the smoke. That will go to your stomach and make you nauseated. Inhale the smoke into your lungs. It takes 3-5 seconds for the THC to absorb into the bloodstream. Have fun!

8. Your friend is going to make you puke.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. this is a joke right?

10. NGCMBL...

so many of these lately.

11. Lol :laughing: -  "You have to swallow the smoke in your lungs"

1 week.

1 week and it'll finally be over with.

[​IMG]

It'll never be over.  There will forever be a new fresh supply of adolescents every year.

15. lol wtf is this guy talking about :smoking:

16. #19 drummerben04, Aug 26, 2014
    By swallowing I meant inhaling into your lungs, not just letting the smoke sit in your mouth and breath out. Take a deep breath let it enter your lungs. So my question should have been do you have to breath it into your lungs to get the effects or can you just let it in your mouth then blow out.

17. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum