Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is it true that you can be prescribed medical marijuana if you have...

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by zombiegab, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Mental conditions such as anxiety, bipolar, or even depression?

I've heard this before but I don't know that it's true.

2. Yes, It is prescribed for depression,anxiety, etc.

3. No. You can't get a "prescription" for any reason.

But you can get a recommendation for it, if you have been diagnosed as having these conditions, and have been prescribed drugs which are pharmaceuticals produced to combat the conditions, if you have your prescription records and medical info, and are in a State that allows such recommendations, such as California, where you can see a second Doctor that will perform this function for you.

4. Exactly, Medical Marijuana cannot be legally prescribed because it's on Schedule 1 at the federal level. However, you CAN get a recommendation for MMJ.

5. Good deal :)

6. It is true if your a resident of Canada.

7. well to be honest you can get a card for those conditions, but its too easy to fake them. but if youve talked to a shrink or any respectable head doctor, and its a confirmed condition you can get a prescrption not a problem.
    but either way people who abuse the system with such and easy condition to fake really piss me off. im a local resident in cali/us, have a prescription for some of those reasons along with a few other more serious conditions.

8. mental conditions are not enough to get a med card in colorado! It helps but you need some source of cronic pain to get the card here.

9. In California - yes - people get recommendations for depression, anxiety etc

No true in Oregon. Perhaps one day that will be added to OR's list of qualifying conditions. State laws vary - check the laws of your state.

clinton

10. I thought Michigan didn't but I just checked the MMMA site and it says we do. So that could be good news for the both of us man.

11. awwwww yeah.

12. Once again, a variation of the countless other threads posted in the MMJ section. The search feature is there for a reason. Of course you could always just scroll down the list of threads instead of making a new one for the same thing.

This.

13. i really hope montana changes their law on it, last time i checked depression/anxiety/insomnia doesnt count to get mmj. which sucks cause its about the only thing that has helped me, all the meds the psychs put me on didnt do much at all.

maybe by the time i move back there..

yea op just check the regulations on it for the state your in. norml should have up to date info on them

14. ... though there are a lot of hoops you have to jump through first. :/

which isn't helped by the apparent shortage of doctors and psychiatrists up here (though, it may be different in your province...)

15. I have really bad anxiety and when I smoke it helps but sometimes ill get some marijuana that makes it worse. So if I were to move to cali do they have like certain strains that are just to help anxiety?

16. In oregon you can get it for chronic pain pretty easily i hear. ;) a few years ago i snapped my leg in half and shettered my ankle and have had arthritus ever since! i plan on getting my card in a few months for it. i have a friend with a bad back that got his and he said i can get mine without a doubt! :D

17. At my dispensary they have strains tell you what symptoms they alleviate. I think it still varies from person to person though.

18. Duuude, you snapped your leg in half!? If you don't get your card for that... I'll be pissed. That's some intense shit.

19. Might be intense pain, but it's not chronic. Can't get a recommendation for non-chronic pain typically

20. (chronic pain is defined as pain that persists longer than the temporal course of natural healing, associated with a particular injury or disease process.)

pretty sure i can get my mmj for it.;)