Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is it true that mangos will get you higher?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Munch Master 2000, Jan 11, 2015.

1. My sister told me this. But neither of us have been able to confirm it. I don't even know how this would work.

Also, this is my first time posting! Hi guys.

2. The only thing is they are a mess to roll.

3. Eat a full overripe mango 45-60 minutes before smoking. All you need to know.

4. Welcome to GC!

Studies suggest that the myrcene molecules in mango may aid in achieveing a better high.

There's no fancy science behind it. Just do like the guy above me said, cram your face with a very ripe mango some time before you light up.

5. #5 BIGGUNZ, Jan 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2015
    The very first time I got high  I wasn't really feeling anything but my best friend gave me some mango juice as he ranted about how it gets you higher and so I drank the mango juice.  I don't know if It was just perfect timing for the high to really hit me or if the juice some how activated my high but either way I don't care  :smoking:

& Welcome to GC! 

6. In my experience no. Tried it twice both times eating 2 ripe mangos an hour before smoking. Didn't notice anything different.

7. Thanks. I hope this works out! Gonna try it today.

8. I heard it was the mango fibers that get stuck on your insides, which makes your pores open to breathe easier, allowing ease of transfer of the thc to your brain

If you get down and you quarrel everyday...you're saying prayers to the devils I say

9. Add some hot sauce to your mango.

Seriously!

It will taste great and your taste buds will be tingling when you hit that pipe.

I kid you not mon. :bongin:

10. What I've found is that it helps make lower potency weed more effective. But it doesn't seem to do much for top shelf. Likely because the myrcene merely helps transport thc past the blood brain barrier. If you've got top shelf it not only contains more thc but also myrcene in small doses too so there's a big flood of thc anyways that myrcene boost is simply lost in the flood of thc.

Also my favorite brand of mango juice is Philippine brand mango juice the highest percentage juice at 37% and not from concentrate so all the goodness is preserved. Easily available at most Vietnamese or Korean supermarkets, but for some reason Chinese markets don't carry it.

http://www.amazon.com/Philippine-Juice-Nectar-Mango-8-4-Ounce/dp/B0055SY5DK#

Also the indestructable steel cans are fun. The size of a Red Bull but can support 200 pounds lol.

11. uhh your not inhailing mango are you?

12. #13 ToHighToSkate, Jan 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2015
    Also the mango did work for me

13. Yeah, mangoes seem to help out.  

But worst case scenario, you just ate some delicious mangoes and smoked some weed.  I can live with that kind of risk.

14. bruh whats wrong with smoking mango?

15. did not work for me. Maybe you'll have Better luck.

16. If you have a fully desolving membrane it produces a more intense high

17. anyone wanna try concentrated myrcene and report back?

18. Hmm interesting experiment. I do know hop oil is literally 50% myrcene by weight. I'll talk to a brewer friend of mine and get a handful of hops pellets.

I'll blend it in a blender, maybe add mango juice. Cause if you've ever smelled hops pure, it literally smells like weed. And it tastes even worse than the hoppiest of beers.

I'll report as soon as I've tried.

SCIENCE!

19. Don't know if it was a placebo but I noticed a better high.