Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

is it true that in cali, once you get a mj card that it will be on your record forevr

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Computer, Apr 18, 2008.

1. ?? is it true? my friend tells me that in cali when u get an mj card, it will show up on your record. meaning that employers can see that shit. and if they wanna be dicks they can fire you. or it will be hard too apply for jobs? tell me hes lying.

2. for some reason, that seems like it would be illegal.

3. Short answer, no.

4. yeah, but you know the red neckest town in america with a little store would reject a black person applicant. theyre not gonna say cause he's black. they might say some shit like "we felt applicant A suited the job better than you".

5. NO. Since a post has to be 5 letters or more, hell no.

6. Is it possible for employers to view medical records in the US? if yes then I would imagine so, if not then I would'nt think so.

7. No one can legally view your medical records unless:

1) You are under 18 which means your parents/legal guardians can.
    2) Someone has power of attorney over your (you are old with dementia)
    3) You give written permission
    4) Someone gets a sueopeona

Also there is no "record" there are medical records, and police records, and FBI type records, and none go hand in hand (FBI has police). So saying "will this go on my record" what record.

Will it go in your medical file forever, yes. Will the feds find out, yes with a sueopeona.

8. Doctor/Patient confidentiality.

9. Let me explain this again:
    ---if you get a cannabis recommendation from a doctor, you will be fine, the records are private, unless the feds raid the doctor and demand records.
    ---if you get the state ID card, through your county health dept. then yes, your ID will be on record with the state, and who knows what they can do with it.
    The state ID cards are not mandatory, the doctors recommendations are.
    In California, Prop. 215 is law. The law says that all you need to grow and use cannabis is the doctor's recommendation.
    Why they even bother with the state IDs is beyond me. Perhaps, they wanna see how many gullible dinks will sign up for it. You do need your doctor recommendation to even get a state ID card.
    The state and counties wanna make their buck off ya too.
    If your own doctor will write you a recommendation, that's great. But most people have to go to a doctor who specializes in writing cannabis recommendations.
    And, with this whole thing, you're only protected against prosecution, but can still be arrested, if they wanna be dicks about it.

10. One thing I did just think of is when a "club" gets busted by the feds, they take the records.

11. This is absolute truth,i have a MMC through a recommendation and a card(Not the county one but through the MDs CO.)one which can be verified 24/7.

I really dont think the feds will(or even have the man power)to investigate 10,000s of PPL who buy 1/8ths here and there for outrageous prices in a club when they can easily just bust clubs at will instead. just MHO.

12. i have always wondered about the prices at these clubs.

are they reasonable or just down right too high?

13. why would i club get busted?

14. happens all the time.

15. WHy would the nixon administration create the DEA?

16. If you want to get into certain jobs, and they want to look into your records, you either say YES, in which case they can see your records, or NO, in which case you're probably not getting the job.

Having a medical marijuana prescription/recommendation/card is in your medical records.

Simple answer for a simple question. :eek:

17. Way high,IMHO.

Easy targets for feds which can affect MANY users,kinda defeats their whole idea of decreasing criminal activity.IF thats REALLY what they are tryin to do:rolleyes:.

True,but 99.9% of jobs are not those Government type of jobs.:)

18. The only way your employers will find out that you smoke weed is if you fail the drug test

19. and then you show the medical card. trust me. its widely accepted, EVERYONE smokes in cali. an employer knowing you smoke is better to have your side than an employer who thinks it SHOULD be illegal. as for the records; as i stated previously, the clubs will have records of people that you go into. but for medical records, it reads that a "cannabis recommendation" is written.