Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is it too late?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by ineedhope, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Is it too late?

Here's my story:

My mom who I love dearly was diagnosed with colorectal cancer in 2005. It has slowly metastasized. As of today (we just came back from hospital). We know that it's in:

lungs - multiple tumors, the largest one 5x5cm has just caused pleural effusion and partial collapse

bones - had to have spinal cord surgery 2 weeks ago because of a spinal cord compression on T4. at home recovering well with almost full use of legs. mets are also in her ribs, T4, L1,2,3,4, pelvic bones, femur, clavicle

liver - nodes present but stable with no activity

I'm spending time right now to research on the Rick Simpson oils but I'm wondering if her disease is too advanced and I should be spending quality time with her instead?

Any insight/experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
    Desperate daughter.

2. #2 funkydslr, Jul 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2012
  3. Look up doc's thread on hemp oil....your mother has to consume a pound of MJ in less than six weeks

Usually getting a pound and processing is beyond most people

Consuming puts your body in a mild coma state so it can recover.....it wouldn't hurt to try

I'll look for a link so you can start reading, have you talked to your mother to see if she even wants to try Ricks Oil?

4. funkydslr, "*pulls out granny's crow shaped sky signal*"... my dense brain didn't get that?

5. #6 OneOfTheGoodOnes, Jul 3, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
    What he means is that it's time to contact Granny Storm Crow, she has a whole list of 34 kazillion ways Cannabis can help, by way of smoke signals, "pulls out granny's crow shaped sky signal".

Granny Storm Crow is the "go to" person when you have questions about MMJ.

6. Don't ever give up. It's never too late until you do.

7. It is NEVER too late to improve the quality of life, of a dear loved one during the later stages.

But that doesn't mean you should lose hope, either, especially if she's a strong and a relatively 'younger' mother/grandmother. :)

Before I go too far though, I'm so, so sorry to hear what you and your mother have been going through.. I understand what you're feeling right now. :(

Please spend all the quality time you can with her, but don't stop seeking help from cannabis extracts.. they may very well be 'just what the doctor ordered'.

---

Look up Granny Storm Crow, and her medical list, it has SO MUCH useful information, that can provide you with all the hope and encouragement you need!

I've highlighted her name above, with a 'google-link' to her work. :)

Here are a few links to get you started making oils, and medical grade cannabis concentrates...

BadKat's Highly Activated & Bioavailable, Med-Grade Canna Oil (starting with flowers/bud/trim etc)

Med-Grade Canna Oil

[​IMG]

BadKat's Highly Activated & Bioavailable, Med-Grade Cannabis Concentrate (Edible & Smokable recipes included... similar to BHO, but made with food grade/drinking alcohol)

-Medical Grade Cannabis Concentrate-

[​IMG]

BadKat's Highly Activated & Bioavailable, Med-Grade Hash Oil (starting with dry-sift hash, same as capsule recipe, oil can also be used for cooking)

Med-Grade Hash Oil

[​IMG]

I'd suggest trying all the carrier oils or 'cannabinoid delivery vehicles' you can; medium-chain and long-chain triglycerides, glycerin... because each method will deliver cannabinoids more or less effectively, to different areas of the body.... by attacking it from all angles, you stand a much better chance of winning!

*** Eating cannabis extract all on its own 'works', but it is NOT good enough.. our bodies pass most of that valuable (and often expensive) medicine, 'in one end, and out the other', without absorption, when it lacks the proper processing!!

The links and tutorials I provided, will help your mother to absorb as MUCH, as possible, with the least waste. :)

Oral meds aside, transdermal applications can penetrate several inches into the flesh, so don't discount or underestimate them!

Coconut, emu oils, and lecithin, are your skin's best friends! :cool:

Click here for a more elaborate post on topicals.

Good luck sweetie, wishing you all the best :wave: - BKS

8. A post that deserves a like more than most imo^

9. From what I understand, the methods that DrHell uses now, which he found to work best (the method he used just prior to his wife discovering her tumors had 'vanished'!), are modeled after the tutorials in the CannaPharm. :)

Starting from the beginning of his journey may be a bit 'overwhelming' for a daughter in-need ASAP!

That being said, it's still definitely more than worth a solid read though when you have the chance, Hope(OP), because it accounts one of GC's great success stories. :hello:

10. [quote name='"BadKittySmiles"']

From what I understand, the methods that DrHell uses now, which he found to work best (the method he used just prior to his wife discovering her tumors had 'vanished'!), are modeled after the tutorials in the CannaPharm. :)

Starting from the beginning of his journey may be a bit 'overwhelming' for a daughter in-need ASAP!

That being said, it's still definitely more than worth a solid read though when you have the chance, Hope(OP), because it accounts one of GC's great success stories. :hello:[/quote]

Totally agree.....I just figured it was a good starting point....not trying to overwhelm with info....I'm glad you stopped by,your really the leading edible maker on this forum....awesome for you to take the time

11. (Sorry I'm so late- life is happening- as usual! I'm busy trying to get a friend moved- she is in the hospital from a mild heart attack and more. She found a place and then had the attack and is in rehab for the next 3 weeks. So, her scatter-brained sister and my family are going to get her and her cats moved in.)

Guys, I covered colorectal cancer once already today, so rather than repeat myself, here's the link-

http://forum.grasscity.com/medical-...cations/1069815-atelectasis.html#post15080975

Get Mom on Omega 3 ASAP! Once you read the post, you'll see why.

Granny :wave:

12. Thank you everyone!!! I'm so touched that a bunch of strangers are so willing to help.

BadKittySmiles, thank you for the succinct summary and understanding the urgency of the situation.

xoxoxo to all!!!!

13. Has anyone heard of "white rhino"? It's supposed to be 90% sativa and 90% indica? The dispensary that we're dealing with recommends a reduction of the hash with herbs and coconut oil cooked on low over two days. Refrigerate and then eat 1.5 TSP a day?

This whole culture is very new and exciting for me... but I'm totally out of my element, so much to learn!

14. White rhino is a heavy indica dominant I believe, probably somewhere along the lines of 80-90% indica/10-20% saliva, so It'll most likely help with everything throughout her body. Could definitely be a strain to try.

I'm no expert but definitely check out granny's list and listen to her and BadKittySmile's advice, they're both highly respected for their knowledge around here.

Thoughts and prayers go out to you, your mother and your family. I wish her a full and speedy recovery!

Cheers, KBR

15. A "like" would be nice but a +rep, of the green type, would be even better.

That's for those who have the abilty to do so.

16. I gave her rep too!:smoke:

:wave:

17. Best of luck!!

18. Ahh, a Gentleman of the "Old School".