Is It Too Late To Start Now?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by bruhheybruh, Jul 11, 2014.

1. So I was wondering if i could start now?  I get about 14:00-14:40 hours of light right now
    12/12 starts around late September.

Another questions:  Do autos do good on about 14 hours of daylight?  They would probably get about 4-6 hours of direct sunlight.

2. flowering usually begins around now- august usually.. its really too late for a yield worth while, but if you insist you may get decent yield..

auto's will grow so long as the temperature is not too cold.

3. Really? :( I thought flowering started when the light and dark periods were equal or when the dark periods were longer?
    Where i the beginning of September still gets 13 hours.

4. yes really, harvest around october beginning november for some sativas.. its gonna take at least 2 months to flower and be ready, 6-9 weeks of flowering wouldnt make it a full harvest before freeze...

in november- december..

5. #5 bruhheybruh, Jul 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2014
    Lets say i go ahead and do it anyways...How much can i expect to get from 1-2 plants?
    I don't mind if its not the best bud. I just need something
    Also theoretically i would get about 6-8 weeks of vegging at least right?
    And where i live its usually hot until about Early oct

6. no telling, but more than likely as soon as they are mature they will flower,

7. i just edited the post...can you reply with the new info plz?
    btw thanks for the help so far!

8. #8 snoopdog6502, Jul 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2014

Last year I did not start my third crop till August and did just fine.

Also if you want to exstend the season some PVC pipe and rebar and you can put up a greenhouse for $15

View attachment 1429760

Use a kids pool for a planter and plant a bunch, I started a new one last week.

View attachment 1496998

Here is my old one getting fat It has a few more weeks to go.

View attachment 1497004

9. Nice!  How much daylight did you get during July/Aug?
    I used this: http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/Dur_OneYear.php

10. you might be able to get a harvest, its not impossible. but its just not worth the risk of growing to harvest only an oz IMO, i'd wait til next year, maybe try an indoor grow or something over the winter if you can afford.

11. In july im getting 14+ the whole time, then in aug im getting 14-13.  You think it'll be enough?

What do you mean the risk :0

12. i mean the long arm of the law my friend...

13. Damn the reason i went outdoors was to avoid that...how do you think they would link it to someone tho?  It's going to be inside the woods.

Hell yes, I have seeds sprouting right now, planted 3 days ago. Now if you are out west you are safe clear into October and can use the rebar and PVC greenhouse if needed. Back East the winter comes harsh and do know it there. As long as you dont get early hard frost you are real good.

I made a greenhouse this spring. about $150 and 4 lazy days work.  I will be growing into the winter with some outdoor plants.
    View attachment 1410440

15. Thats some nice stuff man!  Lol wish i lived in Colorado or Washington!  Is it legal for you to grow that much there?

Well its legal to grow 45 plants with others paperwork as a collective garden. around harvest time I have a few too many plants then I kill some off. :D

Last harvest.

View attachment 1489252
    View attachment 1489251

17. well if its on your land then obviously some one is going to have to take the blame for it...

or if you're spotted going to your growsite...

so long as you're growing in an undisclosed area, and nobody will see, you should feel somewhat comfortable... who's tho stop the eye in the sky from seeing it still tho,,,
    not trying to worry you, there is just that criminal side. you must be careful in picking a spot for them to grow undetected.

18. worth the risk or is it. so late in the year... of course snoopdog is going to have a bad ass grow going he is in WA state

depends on your stealth..

19. It's off the property, in the wood.  I wouldn't think it would be detectable from the sky though, because it will be surrounded by other plants and large trees.  
    I can tend to it at night probably without lights too.