Is it too late to start growing outdoors? *total beginner*

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Poppa Choppa, Jul 28, 2009.

1. I know it's too late to start growing but I have been offered a female clone (I don't know how old it is) for $20. I have no knowledge how to grow but I mean plants do grow on their own so it can't be hard.

My question is: is it too late to plant this clone outside?

2. Its pretty late in summer to start growing outside. If there is no way to grow inside you can give it a shot, but don't expect great results.

3. I could deal with that. It will be my first time growing anyway. Do you think it is worth a shot?

4. Couldn't hurt.

5. depends on where ya stay at. where im at you could still plant a seed outside. just depends

6. If you want to experiment, then YES it would be just fine...
    Im not sure I would invest 20$ into a plant that allready has time against it.
    Maybe just use some bagseed and work on your germination, watering, toppin, lst'n, even supercroppin techniques....

Just dont expect to have a 9 foot full fledged budded out monster
    Respect

7. Yea it would be awesome if I could get at least a couple oz's from it.

I guess I should find a good spot first.

And I live in southern Ontario Canada.

8. duuuhhh

9. look if you got a spare clone, go for it. but you need to accept up front that your yields are not going to be par with others who spent all summer working on thier crop.

and nope not going to give you a yield estimate ..cause it will only be a guess..so dont' ask ( this is normally the next question, from new growers who already have a plant going BTW)

but yeah if you want to see a girl go from a few leaves to something you can smoke and brag about...go for it .

get some soil and a 2-3 gallon pot.....and at this point as long as the soil and pots are new ..and not dug up out of your yard.. you should be good ... look for acidic soil with farly good drainage ( this late and it being your first crop ..go ahead and use MG soils if thats all you can find.. wont have enough time to really get into the bad stuff of MG soils IMHO ) so you shoud be able to find everything you want at a wally world ( or maybe from the fool who sold you the clone ;) )

peacfe and good luck

P.S. and 20 bucks in now will pay for itself by november 15th ( and hopefully much earlier then that for you up in Ontario)

10. If it's a pure sativa, you're going to have a heck of a hill to climb growing outdoors that far north starting now. The earlier winter comes, the more likely you are to end up with unfinished buds. You may be able to hold veg for a bit longer by bringing the plant inside and lighting it for 6 hours or so, and getting most of the light from outside, but if you are just looking to try growing and don't mind paying for the lesson, then go for it!