Is it to late to plant?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by random_shit_name4, Jun 16, 2015.

1. I Just got a seed. I live in washington state,and i was thinking about planting this week. I have one seedling growing outdoors already but its not doing very well. After 3 weeks it only had 1 set of leaves. A week later it was laying comoletely on its side. Anyway i could avoid that happening again this time?

2. Well...  you can but don't expect great yield.

It all depends on your grow season ( when do days start getting shorter in your city?) and the strain you decide to plant (early or late flourisher)

3. If you can get clones it will cut a couple of weeks off of your starting time, if you want to know why you killed your plant you need to give more information so that we can help you.

4. I don't think you killed your first plant. Its pretty common for seedlings to get top heavy and tip over. They usually stand right back up within a few days as the stem gets stronger.

But yes go ahead and start your other seed. It won't produce much but I believe it's still worth planting. I had a couple plants show as male so I just cracked a couple seeds myself to fill their spot on my garden.

5. Any time before the Solstice will work in WA state. If you can have a seedling up by July 1, you can get something. Put it in good soil with 1/3 perlite and don't over-water it after it sprouts.

6. The longer you wait the smaller it's going to be. Times ticking by so start now. I would suggest using party cups with drain holes and start with half full with soil. Once the seedling grows and gets lanky fill in more soil to prevent it from being top heavy. Anything buried will form new roots. I would also suggest learning as much as possible as it will make things easier. The more you know the better you can handle issues and the better the plants will turn out. I own and still reference my books even after growing for years. I like authors Ed Rothensals and Jorge Cervantes. Both guys are expert growers and have been around longer than I have been alive. I'm no spring chicken either. The most important part of growing is knowledge followed with experience. You lack experience so make up for it by learning and reading as much as you can get your hands on. Each year set a goal to improve over the prior season. Never stop learning and you will be growing quality mess before too long. Also by reading those books they will answer almost any questions you may have or think of. Good luck.