is it to late to grow outside?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by mini mxer, Oct 31, 2008.

1. my location is texas so its pretty hot just wondering what you guys think

2. yea it prob is to late for to to plant... and depending on what kinda srain you plant and what your frost dates are... if you planted now figure 2 months to mature so thats january and there starting to flower...if you plant sativas they flower for about 8 weeks so jan-feb flowering so about march you would harvest......... a winter crop is very do able depending on where you live and if its gets cold/frosts where you live...one more thing a winter crop will grow tall and lanky and wont produce nearly as much bud as the same plant would during the summer....

hope you can answer your own question form this:wave: Smoke 1

3. Buds will be less filled up, more fluffly, less numerous according to some South Florida growers. Better than nothing though. Or start them inside to make them grow faster.

4. you can crop almost year around in florida.. i planted one in augest just to see what she would do and shes crankin... but the yeild is deff'in smaller... none the less its more free bud

5. You could plant in the far south now if you wanted... The yield will suffer greatly though, because the plant will basically not veg. It will jump right into flowering. You will get some bud though. If you don't mind using some seeds for a less then ideal time to grow, go for it...

I planted a test plant in August and it started flowering. She is inside and doing quite well.

6. From seed, the plant won't finish until around March-April when the days have gotten longer. You will have a larger leaf to bud ratio. The best way IMO is to vegetate indoors under 18-24 hrs. light for a month or two (10 weeks for me) and then set out to flower. Your best results will be to put out seedlings in the spring, or at least after the winter solstice.