Is it time to talk about the birds and bees?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by hello ladies, Aug 21, 2012.

1. My gf says my little girl's all grown up, does this look like she's hit puberty and gettin all sexy?? She stays outside most of the time, I've pulled her in under the lights at night a few times because I figured she was still in veg.

LST'd her the other day, got some good upward growth... now my gf thinks she's started to flower. What says the 'city? Is it time to throw her in the closet for 12/12 HPS?

Attached Files:

2. haha... literally just hit submit when I heard my text message alert

"Big bitch is definitely flowering, going insane too"

I'll see if I can grab a few more pics at lunch. Dunno why she decided to flip, the light isn't technically 12/12 here for over a month...

3. Definately female ready for 12/12. Nice growth man... A nice Sativa id guess.

4. It's just preflowering. It can be left in veg for longer if u like. She is just showing u she's ready.

5. I'm leaving for a week in 3 months, I think I'm gonna set her on 12/12 hps tonight

should I do a 24/36 hr dark period first, or has she already started on her own?

6. Always do the 24 hour dark period. The plant starts creating and storing flowering hormones

7. def a girl, def flower time

8. sounds good... need to finish lightproofing under the closet door when I get home, then it's time to throw her into hibernation, wake her up thursday morning with some bright yellow sunshine!

Attached Files:

9. #9 hello ladies, Aug 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2012
    Forgot to mention, I threw her into a bigger pot last night, lots more dirt, and a dousing of water to settle her into the new home. Had to pull her roots out from between some soda cans my gf had in the last pot, but she's looking great today, I really don't think she's having any shock at all. Should I ride it out a few days and make sure she's settled in, or just throw her the closet and see what happens in 36 hrs?

Attached Files:

10. wake up... nap's over, back to work!

Attached Files:

11. hahaha such a tiny plant!!!!

Looks like you got her in the closet now, good good.

12. yeah, just a clone I had sitting outside... more of a test run for the new equipment, I've got 9 seedlings about a month from sprout, those will be the first full harvest :smoke:

Attached Files:

13. i assume you will be doing the seedlings inside? hahaha

14. I usually take them outside during the day, can't beat sunlight and fresh air!

They're on lights at night tho, that clone just sat outside and let nature dictate light cycles

15. ah, you must live in a warm place lol. Couple months here where i am and it will be way too cold for life outdoors

16. socal... worst thing here is rain, not gonna frost or anything. they get pulled in at night, daytime temps don't drop below 60 much.

17. that girl is in flower. pre flowering doesn't form bud structure.

[​IMG]

18. man... I definitely fucked with her light cycles at the beginning then, a few days I threw her under lights at night with the others, etc

looks good after the 36 hr nap tho, so she should settle into her 12/12 just fine. What was pre-flower? When the fuzzy calyxs started showing up? but when the pistils pop, that's in flower?

19. pre-flowering is when it has shown no sex but has begun the process of beginning flowering hahaha

Sometimes little pre-flowers will appear at the nodes, sometimes they appear long before you are even close to flowering, sometimes they appear as it starts lol

plants dont really follow a set guide on flowering

20. I thought preflowering was before flowering, as in, the plant's shown its sexual maturity (calyx or pollen sac) but hasn't started to flower yet