is it time to sex yet

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by shalionzfinest, Nov 1, 2008.

1. i was wondering if it is time to sex the plant yet. it is 3 1/2 weeks old and it is alpha 13 aka space bud and i was wondering if anyone has ever grown this before it is a indica/Sativa mix i am growing it in wormcastings mixed with perilite no nutes as of yet i am growing under cfl one 65w 65k and a t5 set up with one bulb of 65k and one of 35k i am just curious of to y she is so bushy at 3 1/2 weeks and if she is ready to be sexed yet or if i should take a clipping off of it and sex the clone. here are some pix

well all answers are appreciated but it is time for me to go back to my illadelph lol:bongin:

Attached Files:

2. Well, i mean you can put it on 12/12 and flower it whenever. But i think you should wait a little while to get it bigger so you get a bigger yield. The only way to sex a plant is if it is put into flowering.

3. You can sex the plant when preflowers are showing at the nodes. Usually between 4 to 6 weeks, depending on strain.
    Are you going to keep it as a mother if it turns out to be female?
    If so, take 1 or more clones from the plant (when preflowers are showing). When roots are formed on the clone/clones, put it/them into flower to sex it/them.
    Or the other way around, take clones and sex the plant, and use one or more of clones as mothers.
    Or while keeping the plant in veg you could cover one branch with darkness every 12 hours for near 2 weeks, the branch will then show its sex, while the rest of the plant will stay in veg.

4. ok thanks guys but i was goin to sex the plant then put it back into veg after i found out sex but i guess i should just let her grow and then when she is at the height i want then sex her thanks for the info guys ur alot of help and if she is female i mite keep her as a mother if i have the room to do soo