IS it time? Pics inside, just need some advice

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by headiebudz, Jul 7, 2011.

1. So this is my first hydro grow and I must say I am in love with hydro. So easy all around. Anyway I have 2 girls in my closet under a small 150 watt hps so i know they yield is not going to be anything spectacular, but I just wanted some personal smoke and i think i achieved that fairly nicely. Here are the Deats:

1st Plant is Dinafem Shark Attack. I switched her to flower on may 14th and the website says 50-55 days for flower. My plan is to chop eher down on Sunday night as I just started the 3 day no light phase of the grow. I also have a Dinafem Blue Haze that I got as a freebie and just figured I would give it a shot. this girl is super short and stunted, but the final product looks great imo. Let me know what you all think and if they are ready to be cut down. Thanks again GC for all your help throughout this process.

1st pic is the Blue Hash, last 2 Shark Attack.

Attached Files:

2. I'd give it another week or two.

Some folks certainly would consider harvesting in the next few - 5 days, but from the looks of it (if they were my ladies) I'd definitely give them some more swelling/maturation time, for the best potency and yield. You mentioned you were using a relatively low wattage light, 150watts. The difference between low and high wattage is not just in yield, or growth speed, but it plays a minor role in maturation speed as well. CFLs and even low wattage HIDs (400 and lower) often do take just a little more time to fully mature in bloom.. the timing difference is hardly noticeable until you begin counting the days near the end, but it's there.

They look lovely by the way, you've done well. :)

3. Well thought out and useful repsonses like that is the reason why GC is the best. Thanks for the advice Kitty, I will leave them going for now and see how they improve. Also what is your opinion on the "dark period" at the end of the grow time. Is it really necessary? Thanks again for the info and help.

4. Do you have a microscope if not pepole tell me you can judge by the orange hairs. Like BadKittySmiles says I may leave them a while longer.

5. you need to take a magnifying glass and look at the trichomes on the buds, those are the little glands on the buds that produce the sticky resin we're all after. when 60-70% of the trichomes have turned amber, orange, or brown, she's ready to be picked. hope this helps, and yes. they do look great!

6. how much was the yield? :)

7. got a ways to go bud. all those white pistils should change orange/amber/brown. then start checking the trichomes.

8. It really depends on what you're after....
    I would nvr harvest mine at 60 - 70 % amber:rolleyes:

Attached Files: