is it time for a MILITARY DRAFT..to start???

Discussion in 'Politics' started by chicken, Sep 2, 2017.

?

should thier be a draft ??

Poll closed Oct 22, 2017.
  1. no

82.6%
  2. yes

17.4%
  1. A military draft goes against the core values that are the very foundation of America. I will not judge other countries for having their own mandatory conscription because their cultures are different than our's, but mandatory conscription goes against the very notion of liberty this country is suppose to represent. There are too many people in America who are willing to enlist on their own free will; we don't need to force people who do not wish to be in the military in the first place. All that does is make our military weaker and get people killed for no reason.

Although, for the most part, the draft is a relic of the past, we still need to register for it once we become of age. We should do away with it since it is pointless and more importantly, unconstitutional.

I want our military to be strong and full of people who are committed to being great warriors, not a collection of people who do not wish to be there. If someone doesn't want to be in the military, nobody has a right to force them.

I detest all forms of authoritarianism no matter which side it comes from.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. I think chicken is confusing the UN with NATO. It will take a serious threat for the US to fight alongside Russia and China, and I do not see anything developing with NK that could become that level of a threat. I'm not denying that they aren't a threat, but they are not at that magnitude, at least not yet.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. yeah ;;; i did get them mixed up.. i meant N.A.T.O. attack one of us. u attack all of us,

• Like Like x 1
  4. [QUOTE="Memory_Camp, post: 23721777, member: 917767"

I'm willing to bet you didn't fight in the Gulf, either (granted, that wasn't a draft, but I digress...)[/QUOTE] ..

no we never got called. but i was in the hot area of the gulf war...and i was enlisted at the time...we were on alert the first 2 weeks of the invasion... expecting thier to be the use of chemical weapons. since we knew he had them. and used them in the past '' before 91'' ...

i was in a chemical company in baumholder germany.... the 13'th chemical company... 3 hours we could be loaded and on the ground.... at which time if the use of chemical weapons was used during the intial invasion.. '' WE WOULD BE GONE..'' and me and my company would have been the front line,

theres a reason the intial invasion consited of '' heavy armour vehicles'' they have a built in N.B.C. device....so the deployment of chemical weapons wouldnt harm them.. but if that would have happened.. my company would have rode out fast and swift..

so if you made that bet... you'd have lost.

.............................................................................................................

but a blade did make a good post.. the military offers a crap-load of benifit's to any-one who wants to join...benifit's...... finacially..... and mentally that you'll carry for the rest of your life,

then just what is the solution. ... so our soldiers dont have to make multiple tours in a war-zone.????

thats my bitch.. is these multiple tours.... this war needs to be ended swift. and not so '' politically correct ''

5. The First Gulf war was the type of "war" America should always fight. With 35 nations in our coalition, a war that lasts less than 6 months, including about a month of actual combat with less than 200 US deaths. If I wanted to be in another war, that's the kind of war I want to be in. No Bastogne, Chosin Reservoir, or Tet.
    Any future draft if it comes at all won't be up for debate. That's why they call it conscription.

6. im trans now

7. ..

no we never got called. but i was in the hot area of the gulf war...and i was enlisted at the time...we were on alert the first 2 weeks of the invasion... expecting thier to be the use of chemical weapons. since we knew he had them. and used them in the past '' before 91'' ...

i was in a chemical company in baumholder germany.... the 13'th chemical company... 3 hours we could be loaded and on the ground.... at which time if the use of chemical weapons was used during the intial invasion.. '' WE WOULD BE GONE..'' and me and my company would have been the front line,

theres a reason the intial invasion consited of '' heavy armour vehicles'' they have a built in N.B.C. device....so the deployment of chemical weapons wouldnt harm them.. but if that would have happened.. my company would have rode out fast and swift..

so if you made that bet... you'd have lost.

.............................................................................................................

but a blade did make a good post.. the military offers a crap-load of benifit's to any-one who wants to join...benifit's...... finacially..... and mentally that you'll carry for the rest of your life,

then just what is the solution. ... so our soldiers dont have to make multiple tours in a war-zone.????

thats my bitch.. is these multiple tours.... this war needs to be ended swift. and not so '' politically correct ''[/QUOTE]
    Dude, you keep spelling "their" and "thier" and its fucking pissing me off. Your a total troll

8. what if everyone had to serve the country for two years after finishing classes but before graduating highscho
    not to defend the country, but more so to teach.....

9. Japan is not in NATO, they're across the Pacific Ocean, as is NK...

10. Highschool kids dont have the knowledge to teach. They need to finish learning and maturing first.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Yeah we really need 900 more military bases and 7 more wars don't we? I don't think America is hated enough around the world as it is.

Not to mention that the draft blatantly violates the 13th amendment, which the Supreme Court erroneously ruled against with no justification.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Wanna bet?
    The Congress shall have Power To ...raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years....Article I, Section 8, Clause 12

13. Where did I say they couldn't raise and support armies? They simply don't have a right to enslave people to do so. That's akin to saying "you have a right to a firearm, so go ahead and steal someone else's"

Amendment XIII: Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

There's also the moral unjustifiability of forcing poor people to go die in order to enrich defense contractors and oil companies, but that's not a matter of constitutionality.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I agree with you completely except that one can't hide behind the 13th Amendment as an argument against the draft.. It won't work.

15. No, military service should be voluntary. Forcing people to fight against their will is a violation of their freedom.

• Like Like x 2
  16. It would not be very productive to have a draft and infect our fighters with the weak minded. imo

17. Has the Supreme Court made a decision on it yet?

18. to teach the kids......