Is it still possible??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Super Man, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Wanting to start my first grow from some bagseed I've had. I was wondering if I'm still able to do an outside grow? I live in Georgia, the high for today is 90f and the low is 72f,I know usually people grow in march or April. But is it still possible?? And also (if it's possible that is) what is the best/fastest way to grow it outside?

2. Not gonna happen this season boss...

I started in mid July and even THAT was late

3. i don't know the area so can't answer your question but an auto flowering plant would give you the best chance. Germination to harvest in 70 days, sometimes less. Non autos will take a month longer. As long as the temps don't drop down past 10-15'C it will be ok, but cold temps slow growth

4. Could I give it a head start in my closet under some lights, then put it outside to finish??

5. that wouldn't be giving it a head start mate, the season has already started. starting it indoors is only giving it a head start if the season hasn't started yet. But it started months ago.

how long before you start seeing 15'c daytime temperatures? You need it finishing before this time

6. For example here in the UK you would need it finished by next month so you couldn't start outside now, not even close. However you are further south so you will have a longer season. By how much I have no idea, but you live there, you must know the temperatures

7. Well 59f = 15c (I'm pretty sure) it usually doesn't get around 60f until November and even then the high is still like 69 or 70f during the day.. It doesn't get 40f or lower until December (and that's nighttime). Do you think I have time?

8. As long as it gets plenty of sun I don't see why not. The sun will not be as intense as middle of summer so you will not win any awards but getting some bud off it I don't see why not. Auto flowering will be worth doing, or some early finishing breeds. Early mist is a nice one

9. So would some random bagseed work? And would I need to start it inside?

10. Yes random bag seed works
    Look at the link in my signature... that's a bag seed grow

And just start outdoors

11. You may be able to pull it off! Some folks have started seeds on 12/12 indoors to get the quickest harvest with regular cannabis (as opposed to autoflowers). That is pretty much what you will be doing. Sept 21 or so is when we get 12/12 sunlight.

In Georgia or Florida, you have a good chance, but don't expect a big harvest.

(My grandmother's family were farmers from the Decatur area.)

Granny :wave:

12. Thanks granny! I'm gonna start germinating right now :) wish me luck..

13. Good luck dude, I think it will do ok. If it's just bag seed your not losing anything, go for it. I would start in a small pot but have it outside. Then when it's outgrown it step up a pot size or put it in the ground, whatever is best

14. did you decide if you are gonna do indoor or outdoor?

and what size pot are you going with

15. Go forth young man and discover if it works. Then report back.

16. It will work I have ten bagseed plants I germed begining of aug due to losing my crop to aphids while I was out of town. All ten survivors of thirty sprouts are 7" to 8" at six to seven nodes after 30 days already showing pre flowers. I'm hoping the stretch to at least 12" before they are finished.

17. Well im gonna plant outside. I don't want them huge, cause I want them to be stealthy, so I'm gonna try out using sprite cans and fill them up and plant them in there, to kind of contain the roots? (hopefully)

18. [quote name='"Super Man"']

Well im gonna plant outside. I don't want them huge, cause I want them to be stealthy, so I'm gonna try out using sprite cans and fill them up and plant them in there, to kind of contain the roots? (hopefully)[/quote]

You don't want to restrict the roots or your plants def. won't get very big. Best thing to do since your so late is plant them in the pot they are going to stay in. 1 gal would be good considering they won't get very big. Again I can't stress enough you DO NOT want to restrict the roots.

19. Your plants won't get over twelve inches this late even in proper pots. You plant in a sprite can and it porobably won't get taller than six inches and "maybe" yield you a gram. Do what your gonna do if you use the cans make sure they have good drainage.

20. Well how big would it get if I just didn't plant in anything? It just can get huge..