Is it safe to travel 3 hours with marijuana?

Discussion in 'General' started by ThatCrash, Feb 7, 2013.

1. By the time I have to move, I should have already harvested my plants. I just wanted to know once harvested and stashed away in jars, would it be safe to travel 3 hours driving distance with the weed?

I wouldn't want to get stopped for some odd reason and the cops want to search my car. I just don't want to get rid of all the precious bud that will have been grown.

2. Follow the rules of the road and I see no issues. I've taken bud half way across Canada with no issues and I've taken bud 40 minutes and got caught. Hit or miss man, who knows what kind of arrogant prude pig you'll encounter.

3. I've transported weed for a cumulative time of well over 3 hours. I don't see a problem with it as long as you're a good driver and your car doesn't have anything wrong with it (i.e. brake lights working, up to date tabs, etc) :D

Edit: I took a trip from Olympia to Portland not too long ago, that's a 4 hour round trip drive. We smoked the whole time. No problems :confused_2:

4. Yaa man, not much to worry about. As long as your car is up to snuff and you don't drive with your head up your ass you should be fine :) Think of ALLLLLL the times you drive around, and don't ever get pulled over or even see a cop?.. Exactly :p

5. I actually had a predicament with someone, got in a crash. A cop came to write tickets and he didn't search my car or anything. I had a joint I was holding for someone, bad timing but lucky call :p

Another time I had just smoked and was almost leaving a lot when a cop pulled in. She pulled me over and asked me a couple of questions, and told me not to be there. Got off scotch free, without any "license and registration" bullshit. :D

Edit: To the second one, I smoked outside and aired out for clarification. I didn't smoke in my car, or else the cop probably would've known :laughing:

6. Yeah, smoking in your car is a big no-no. I'm a car guy though, and I keep my car clean, I don't like it smelling like anything other than clean car.

But it would just suck to be pulled over on the off chance, and have your car reek like weed. It's just asking for cops to hassle you and search you.

7. pretty much this:wave:

8. As long as you arent black then why would a cop want to stop someone randomly in the road? do you get stopped normally?

9. yeah man i go from san antonio to mcallen all the time to see family..i just dont bring that shit back cus the checkpoint lol

10. I traveled with over an ounce for 7 hours and across 3 states; i was fine.

11. there's nothing to worry about as long as you keep the jars in your trunk (out of sight and no smell; no probable cause)

just drive safely and youve got nothing to worry about

12. I drove with an ounce for 20 hours before, was nervous as fuck, i seen at least 30-40 state troopers along the way lol, but I obeyed the speed limit and drove right so I was good

13. Yea it's safe man, just relax and cruise.

14. I'm sure you'll be fine. Like everyone else said, follow the rules of the road and make sure all of your tail lights, brake lights, head lights, etc are all working properly. A broken tail light fucked me not too long ago
    Good luck

15. You should be fine. Just make sure ALL of the weed, paraphernalia etc. is in your trunk to eliminate as much chance of getting caught as possible.

16. Do it anytime I drive long distances and that usually 4-20 hours depending on where I'm going just don't do anything stupid and you'll get away with like a white person would

17. That's true, just the nerves!

:hello::D

I'm not black, but I see where you are coming from; I'm Hispanic. My boyfriend was driving and I was a passenger, he got pulled over because he did't stop at the stop sign for 4 seconds. He looked into the car and then saw me and asked for my ID because he needed to run it through (he said he always asks for everyones ID) If I didn't live where I live (Majority of the population is white) then I wouldn't be nervous.

18. As long as you follow the rules of the road, you'll be fine man. Me and some buddies took a 3 hour trip up to Duluth a while ago, smoking the whole way, and saw at least 20 state troopers. Saw plenty of people getting pulled over, but we made it there and back, no hassle :D

19. I see what you did there