Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is it safe to take Rolaids or tums and smoke weed with Acid Reflux/GERD

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Stonerxdays4200, Jul 10, 2017.

?

What do you Prefer?

1. Concentrate

100.0%
  2. Edible

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Flower

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. I recently was diagnosed with acid reflex or as some know Gerd. My question today is, is it safe to take Rolaids or Tums while smoking weed or is there something else like them that could be used with weed? I smoke almost daily and have for years. I have chronic anxiety and can often be put in a depressive trance. I also use weed to balance out my anger as I suffer from anger and frustration issues from the anxiety. Im very against prescription drugs, or more or less fearful of them since my doctor has almost killed me three times. I was prescribed Ranitidine 150 mg twice daily but started noticing side effects almost instantly after taking it almost every time, so i stopped taking it after about a week. Whats the best course of action?

2. Talk to your doctor. Seems like you have med/psych problems that need professional help. Going to a weed site for the help you need isn't the best idea in my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Believe it or not there is actually a terpene in cannabis called Limonene that actually is used for relief of heartburn and GERD. Surprised me too lol. I have my MMJ card and the dispensary listed GERD as one of the issues that cannabis can help provide relief from. So my suggestion- look into strains that have a higher level of the terpene Limonene. Check out the link below for more info on that terpene.

Source: D-Limonene: safety and clinical applications. - PubMed - NCBI

• Like Like x 1