Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is it safe to smoke?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by JMartin, Nov 6, 2011.

1. I live on the second floor of a two floor apartment building in a complex with a number of buildings. I'm wondering if it is safe to smoke with my window open or if you think people walking below or the people living below might smell it. Thanks!

2. smoke away sir

3. Don't smoke and make it obvious it's you. Even if someone smells it they're not going to immediately think it's you.

4. Honestly, it's kinda hard to say...we can't make as good of a judgement as you can since we don't know how your neighbors are, whether any ventilation is shared, etc.

But, I'd say be cautious and go for it :smoke:. Make a sploof if you're concerned about the smell, but you'll probably be fine. Just be smart in case anyone comes knocking -- put things away and feign ignorance :)

(I noticed one of your thread tags is "dorm." If you're in a dorm room, I'd shy away from smoking...there's too much that can go wrong.)

5. You know...In school they used to teach us that smoke rises, fire drills and such, get low so you don't die from suffocation...Had these drawings too, funny little things they were, comicly drawn in a crouched, fetal position like scared mice awaiting the slaughter.

Ha! Must say, those were some good comics.:cool:

6. Oscar's got a point...smoke rises.

7. Smoke on and find out. Best way to determine if it is safe. Maybe get a little fan and put a dryer sheet on the back of it and have it blowing out the window. You can blow your smoke through it to use as a conveinent sploof.

8. you beat me to it :devious:

but yeah, in my experiences, smoke generally travels upwards.

happy toking :bongin:

9. Just blow the hauls out the window!

10. Smoke rises but if it has nowhere to go it lingers.

11. It has plenty of room to go.

it's out a window, earth is big.

12. #12 The Audion, Nov 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2011
    Oh shit right windows. Forgot about those contraptions.

Earth is fucking big.

While we're on the subject, if you smoke a bowl in your room, open some windows, spray some febreeze, it will only take 20-30 minutes for the smell to split.

If you smoke a cigarette in that room, even with windows open, its gonna stink till tomorow probably.
    If you smoke a joint, it would probably take somewhere in between in the time of a bowl and a cigarette to stop smelling, right?

These are my smoke theories.

13. You can grab some cheap air freshner just incase

14. [quote name='"oldSCHOOL_toker"']

Oh shit right windows. Forgot about those contraptions.

Earth is fucking big.

While we're on the subject, if you smoke a bowl in your room, open some windows, spray some febreeze, it will only take 20-30 minutes for the smell to split.

If you smoke a cigarette in that room, even with windows open, its gonna stink till tomorow probably.
    If you smoke a joint, it would probably take somewhere in between in the time of a bowl and a cigarette to stop smelling, right?

These are my smoke theories.[/quote]

Seems about right to me, maybe a little less on a joint then in between a bowl and a cig, I would test but I can't smell it in my room anymore, there's always a little smell lingering.

15. I used to smoke with all the windows and doors closed... I'd finish up and put on a non smelly shirt and open the windows. I'd walk around and then when people smelled the dope you'd be in plain sight. Can't possibly be you smoking if you're right out in the open.

16. I would reccomend insence if you wanna be extra safe.