Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is it safe to smoke while taking antidepressants and antipsychotics?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Centralgrad, Dec 12, 2013.

1.    I take the antidepressants pristiq and prozac, and I take the antipsychotics depakote and seroquel. Is it dangerous to smoke marijuana while on these medications?  Even if I get high once or twice a week, is it still unsafe?

2. Personally I wouldn't ( I'm on anti anxiety atm and not smoking) If you have access to med weed you might want to go that route to rule out pharmacy drugs all together. That's the dream anyway Sent from my SM-N9005 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. ask your doctor, is the safest choice

4. DONT TAKE THEIR PILLS! You dont need them forreal dont take them their bad do research

5. your only natural medicine is weed

PSN: Biotoxity
    (If you want to add me that is)

6. I told my doc what was up I'm on venalafaxine or something f like that .. He said the pills are like a upper and weed can act as a downer so it's counter productive to do both, I told him too bad I wasn't quitting smoking pot..

• Like Like x 1
  7. It's really not that dangerous to smoke weed while on psychoactive medication, but it will make your meds stop working over time, but you probably shouldn't have been put on them in the first place unless you're severely psychotic off meds. 

8. i'm on antidepressants and i smoke. i can't say that it's okay but i haven't really had any negative effects from the combination.