Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

is it safe to microwave a bong?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by laserman, May 10, 2011.

1. Wtf, why put the whole bong in there? Use a fucking kettle to heat the water and pour it into the bong, if you must. Sounds like non-sense to me though.

2. Water vapour? Doesn't that mean the water would have to be boiling??.... Don't do it.

3. It would be fine if the bong is all glass-on-glass. I wouldn't be microwaving rubber grommets and such.

Pretty dumb idea in my opinion but whatever.. If anything you'd be losing more actives with hot water.

Thc is slightly soluble in water and you will only be increasing the solubility the hotter the water gets.

4. its awesome to start with steamy water and as it cools down just drop some ice cubs in there to make it cold... so you have the best of both worlds... start the sesh with hot water, end the sesh with cold water

5. Don't worry man... I already did it.

I take the hot steaming water hot of the tap, nuke it for about 30 secs while running the bong in the hot water to get the glass use to it. I don't know if it is at boiling point (I'm sure it is) so do try it at home.

In my opinion I get some of the best hits with hot water. I feel like I don't have to smoke as much. I'm not sure if it's just a placebo effect and just high anyways :smoke:

6. Im gonna laugh when someone makes a thread saying there bong exploded cause they put hot water in it and accidently put it on something cold

7. well if the water is really hot soon as it hit's bottom of the bong it could fall apart

i put some hot ass water in this HUDGE thick glass mug went to pick it up and fell apart lol ....be CAREFULL ;)

8. no
    heat the water up outside of the bong like on the stove in a pot
    then add the wwarm water to the bong
    :smoke:

9. lol read my post.....if the water is hot enough a bong at room temp if u pur it in really fast and pick it up or something it MIGHT fall apart.

10. For pure epic hits put hot/steaming water in bottom and ice+cold water in top chamber

11. Well wouldn't you have to do the dishes to put water of any sort in your bong? Do the dishes brah..