Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is it safe to have energy drinks before or after smoking weed?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by tittybullshitty420, Mar 19, 2015.

1. I heard it increases your chances of getting a heart attack! Is that true? Or is this another old wives tale?

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

2. I think weed increases your heartbeat? Someone might be able to correct me on that... Anyways energy drinks will probably intensify that even more so yeah probably not a good combination man. But don't knock it till ya try it I guess..

3. Of course those things increase your risk of heart attack. Fairly safe though, but I wouldn't drink them frequently or in excess.

4. I often dink a few monsters every week, as well I do toke up daily.  Few times I have 'combined' the two.

I certainly noticed that monsters increase my heart rate.  Marijuana also has a similar effect.  When I have combined the two I do notice my heart beating at an uncomfortable rate.  I also smoke cigarettes... I have always been fine but now you have me thinking. 

I guess you just need to use everything in moderation, energy drinks are loaded with caffeine.  And since they are a relatively new product no long term studies have been conducted.

Moderation seems key, don't over do it.  Especially if you have heart problems.

5. I do it often, never had any problems

6. If you have a risk of getting a heart attack drinking an energy drink but not smoking, then that risk remains if you add weed to the scenario. that simple

Sent from my intergalactic spaceship

7. I take an amphetamine for my adhd and it raises my heart beat, I could die just from the medicine alone but Im okay still and I smoke everyday

8. Speed is fun

9. pop a caffeine pill, spare your teeth from that pure sugar beverage

10. Its alright man! I brush my teeth every day like a good boy 😇

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

11. I used to drink a red bull almost every time i smoked... Mainly when i used to smoke reggies so i don't get tired when i get down. But after some hours you are soo exhausted all you wanna do is sleep. I rarely drink energy drinks anymore.