Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

is it safe or dangerous to make edibles with bud that was used to make bho?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by MrxNiceGuy, Apr 28, 2012.

1. So i have heard that some people take the already run through butane bud and make edibles out of it.

Is bud safe to consume after it has been extracted through butane? I cant imagine how it would be edible or even smoke-able?

1 that the butane washs all the thc off of it?

2 since you wash butane on the bud how would you evaporate it off to consume it again and would this even be worth it? and would this make you sick? im guessing no since the oil is safe to consume after its all evaporated

2. Never used my excess buds/trim to cook with after making hash. For one, ive always been under the assumption if im using a pretty decent solvent to do my extraction, it will extract whats in the buds leaving nothing but an empty shell. Im not really knowledgeable on the subject because i have never tried because i thought its not even worth it. So hopefully my .02 is correct and helps ya out and if not, please someone come and teach me differently i love to learn about that beautiful plant we all love.

3. Want to blow your fucking house up or burn your lungs? The butane itself is actually safe as a residual in food, but if you're baking, it's coming out in the oven - hopefully it will be just a small wooooooof and not a boooom. I appreciate the idea because most people want to get the most out of what they got, but messing with weed that's already been chemically processed is pretty foolish. Besides, from what I know, usually just trim and low grade weed is used anyhow - there's not going to be much, if anything, left after a good extraction or two.

4. #4 ColonelForbin, Apr 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2012
    Xdog, you have a good point. But if you smoke BHO or QWISO arent you smoking a product that has been chemically processed? The buds run through the butane will be just like the hash (in a sense of safe to hold a flame/heat to not potency wise ;) ), after a while the butane or iso will have evaporated. I think his question was after the buds were stable, and all the chemicals were evaporated, would they be good to use. Which i still think would be a waste to do because the extraction takes all your cannabinoids out. You stated that as well so im not trying to take anything away from your post.

5. Yeah the empty shell thing is exactly the way i view it colonel, but someone i know said (He uses his high quality buds) that he drys it out with a heat lamp then cooks with it and get baked again off edibles i was just wondering if anyone else knows about this?

6. better let it purge for a while....
    smoked some wax a friend made and he let purger for two week's .... well worth the wait all the butane worked its way out.. alot better than the bho i made and purged with a ligter.

ive heard of people using a some sort of vaccume to help pull the butane out of the concentrate

7. Man please promise me you will never ever purge your BHO with an open flame again, and better yet please keep all open flames away from your extraction process if your using butane. Thats an awful idea as the purged butane could actually catch fire while your purging with a flame. You always need to purge your BHO on a water bath and then scrape and pop all the bubbles you can. If you need help making erl hit me up in a PM ill gladly help you do in a safe manner. Vacuum purging is the shit but its not the only effective way to purge your oils.

Dont take my first few sentences as being a dick, just meant it as words of advice, cause i worry about the safety of fellow blades.

8. I AGREE! YOUR CRAZY YOU COULD BLOW YOUR SELF UP ALWAYS ALWAYS WATER BATH BRO!

As for you colonel, have you ever turned your bho back into a powered looking keefy substance or you always keep it in oil or glass state? i was considering trying to turn it into keey like bho but is the extra work worth it?

9. Never been a fan of budder, think thats what your referring to. Its yummy dont get me wrong but its not stable and degrades very quickly. When i make BHO I keep it in oil form or "shatter". Much easier to dab and overall easier to work with if you dont have a rig. The shatter form is easy to top a bowl with and the oil is great to make a super duper joint. Only 30 more mins till its slow enough to take a dab :smoke:

Edit:The degradation in budder is not super quick but it is a noticeable difference