Is it safe if I .. ?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by TheGr00ve, Aug 7, 2012.

1. #1 TheGr00ve, Aug 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2012
    Hallo community,
    first thread ever.

I am newb so be gentle:wave:. Lets go.

My first grow attempt:

I have a 6 sq ft closet in which I run a 70watt Metal Halide (daylight) and 2 x CFLs 34watt warm white.mh is 20-40cm height and cfl 5-10 max(in between plants).
    No ventilation/circulation. i keep one side of closet door open or half open at all times.(sometimes i refresh air manually by blowing air with a carton)

I switch to day/night 11/13 light period as soon as my 3 clones are 15cm height.

After 70%+ of pistils turn brown i harvest. dry weight is 13gram all plants together.

does this seem a good result?:confused: is it safe to add more light or it will burn my plants?:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Thank you in advance.:hello:

2. No idea but i know somebody here can help you.

3. So, who is he ?

4. what's your question? what are you trying to do? there's not enough info or visuals to tell.

5. buy a 400 watt metal halide and a small fan . grow 3 plants, in 2 gallon containers and you should be styling!

6. thank you all for your feedback.

Hope2toke, my question is whether i need more light for 3-5 plants. Also, is ventilation /circulation really THAT nessessary ? i keep my closet open most of the day as well as home windows that make a breeze and refresh air in room.

Northlat, a 400 watt lamp would be Xtremely suspicious to the owner of the home which i rent.he inspects the electricity meter once every 2 weeks.

7. you be fucked then. don't grow there is the answer to this riddle.

8. [quote name='"TheGr00ve"']Hallo community,
    first thread ever.

I am newb so be gentle:wave:. Lets go.

My first grow attempt:

I have a 6 sq ft closet in which I run a 70watt Metal Halide (daylight) and 2 x CFLs 34watt warm white.mh is 20-40cm height and cfl 5-10 max(in between plants).
    No ventilation/circulation. i keep one side of closet door open or half open at all times.(sometimes i refresh air manually by blowing air with a carton)

I switch to day/night 11/13 light period as soon as my 3 clones are 15cm height.

After 70%+ of pistils turn brown i harvest. dry weight is 13gram all plants together.

does this seem a good result?:confused: is it safe to add more light or it will burn my plants?:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Thank you in advance.:hello:[/quote]

no that is a very small harvest. you need more light. I flower 5-8 plants at a time under 1000W in a confined space and pull 4X off one plant then your combined harvest. if venting the heat out is the issue to putting more light in there you need to resolve it to get larger harvests. 138W will simply not get you the results you are looking for out of the number of plants you are talking about. on average I do about 150W per plant. to keep it simple your environment is not letting your plants grow to their full pot. give them more light and fresh air and keep your temps down and you will see a drastic difference in yield.

9. thank you all for your help. i mighty appreciate it.