Is it safe for silicone to come in contact with the bong water?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by ktmitch, Nov 15, 2014.

1. I was smoking at my friends house the otherday and one of my buddys was changing the bong water, he mustve hi it off the counter or something but anyways it broke off into two big clean pieces that fit together leving a small hole the size width of a pencil . My friend glued it all back together with silicone but at the whole part the silicone is comming in contact with the water. Is it safe to smoke out of the bong after letting it dry for 24 hours? Keep in mind that the silicone isn actually heating up , but it could be seeping into the bong water

Here is a picture ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416013864.705746.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416013885.903940.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1416013904.816939.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. That's a pretty good question. The silicone will be fine touching water, it will eventually absorb bong water and turn brown if you don't clean it well. As far as safe for you, well idk

3. There is a good possibility it will explode

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Thats not safe. Your friend needs to own up to his actions and buy you a new piece immediately. He can smoke from the silicone repaired piece.