Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is it safe for me to smoke?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by chewy_, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Sup GC, I'm in a little bit of a dilemma and I'm not sure what I should do. Hopefully someone can give me an answer. I've searched the forums and googled, but couldn't really find what I'm looking for.

Here's the scoop: I had 2 teeth removed yesterday. Not wisdom teeth (I say this because I've read that teeth nearer to the back have poorer circulation and get dry socket a lot easier), but 2 uppers right behind my canines, one on each side, to make room for orthodontic work (yes I'm 18). After it was done, my dentist gave me a care sheet which said no smoking for 24 hours. Due to other circumstances, I actually haven't smoked since Friday.

I've read up a little on smoking after extractions, and everywhere pretty much said the same thing: chemicals, tar, heat, and the suction from inhaling from cigs can cause dry socket, wait at least 48 hours to 4 days to smoke.

Now, I don't smoke cigs and my mouth hasn't been very sore at all, only immediately after the extraction and this morning it wasn't sore at all (only my neck from sleeping propped up on pillows...). The roots on the teeth were pretty straight and clean, so there wasn't too much damage done to my jaw when they were taken out.

It's been over 24 hours like the sheet said, but I'm still sketchy to smoke cause I've heard horror stories about dry socket.

I know weed doesn't have near the amount of chemicals in it that cigs do, and I was wondering if it would be safe to smoke a little from my bong with cold water and ice in it as long as I don't clear it hard and just pull on it like I'm inhaling normally.

tl;dr: Had teeth removed yesterday. Dentist said wait 24 hours to smoke but dry socket can appear 4 days after the extraction so I'm still sketchy. Would it be ok to take a couple of easy hits from the bong with cold water and ice?

2. Eh. Above all, wait the 4 days, just in case.

3. i would wait, if was told to wait four days cause i could get dry socket then i would. i would actually be mad at myself if i smoked and something went wrong. do what u want tho its your face!

4. I was only told to wait 24 hours, but other places say that it can still show up after 4 days.

5. just wait to be safe or make some edibles.

6. You should make brownies or maybe a vaporizer?

7. Get an oxygen mask, hook it up to the bong, and inhale with your nose :smoke:

8. Just wait it out man, believe me, I had dry socket in 2 of my removed wisdom teeth and it SUCKS! The pain is unbearable.

9. Dude don't risk it. Just make something like firecrackers, then you can get higher and you won't put your health at risk.

10. I would wait. dry socket in the mouth is to trench foot on the feet.

Or something...

11. Thanks for the advice. Just gonna turn this into a week-long t-break and fire it up Friday night. :D

12. Good plan...I was blown away by what a one-week t-break did for me once! (midterms week lol)

13. dude just wait its not worth it at all youll regret it more than anything
    lower your tolerance level while ur at it haha:p

14. I would hold off for a couple of days, I would probably just go drinking if i were you.
    -nugbuzzed:smoke:

15. so it was done yesterday, i would wait the 4 days, because its better to be safe then sorry, especially when your high and your mouth starst hurting, what a buzzkill

16. epic idea!
    :eek::D:D:smoke:

17. honestly honestly

i got my teeth pulled. smoked after the 24 hrs.

not horrible. really.

but since your using it as a t break.. i say AWESOME. hehe.

18. Ok, so, what had happened was...

I ended up getting hooked up with a half zip of "the usual stuff, so yeah, good shit" for $40 bag of shake and stems which turned out to be 5g light and didn't even stink through the bag. I usually pay $35 for a half and it stinks up the car on the way home. There's a pretty long story behind this and I might make a post about it later. Yes, I will be compensated.

So I took some gauze and wet it and put it over the holes, and I've had about half a bowl through some cold water and ice, and it's awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwright. :bongin:

19. i got 4 pulled on monday at 8am. i smoked last night and im smoking today. it doesnt hurt more than before... im icing my face alot though. my doctor said no smoking for the first day. 24 hours.