Is it risky to potentiate?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by mikeysbar1, Jun 11, 2009.

1. #1 mikeysbar1, Jun 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2009
    Hey. Im about to consume a Poppy tea containing about 6 large pods. I was wondering if potentiating the experience could be potentially dangerous. Like if I down a bottle of grapefruit juice, then drink the tea, would it be safe?

Erowid says: "Its probably wise to proceed cautiously with intentionally combining strong psychoactives with substances known to inhibit the body's natural metabolism."

Just to clarify poppy tea has morphine, codeine, thebaine, papaverine, and noscapine.

So would the combination of morphine + GFJ be dangerous?
    I just had a tea yesterday of about 2/3 the strength, so I may have a slight tolerance.

2. Since you don't know the exact strength of the tea (and thereby can't really control dose like you would with some opium or heroin, or even opiates in pill form) it might be a good idea to proceed slowly, i.e. sip the tea every now and then, until you're where you want to be. Always a good idea to err on the side of caution.

And I've always had to drink grapefruit juice a few hours before taking any opiates to notice any difference in effects