Is it really toxic?

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by George T, Apr 29, 2017.

1. much like the poster above mentioned, cut off giving the plants bottled nutrients a couple weeks before harvest and allow the plant to use up its reserves. No flushing, no stupid amounts of water.

Flushing is just flooding the medium with water. It removes nothing from the plant. Allow the plant to use up its reserves, no flushing is needed

Grow organically with a well built soil and none of that is necessary. No flushing, no cutting off nutrients, just grow, harvest, grow, harvest.....

• Like Like x 1
  2. That didn't answer my question. How does YOUR cannabis work? With MINE, if I put nutrients/chemicals/fertilizers/pesticides, etc on it, it's going to uptake those, whether it be through the roots or leaves. It's going to use those items as described - to help the plant grow. Once discontinued, the plant will use up those remaining items until they're either gone or level out to what would be in the plant naturally. Short of growing organically, which wasn't a topic of discussion because the OP obviously isn't growing his own, and obviously doesn't know exactly what's being sold, unless you've got a chemical booty-sucking device that hasn't hit the market yet.... Well.... I guess we're dealing with magic beans.... Listen, I'm open to learning and agree wholeheartedly that organic growing is a better way to go. However, until you know what's going into your grass, it could and should be a concern.

3. I think our difference of opinion here coming from the definition of the word "flushing," which I would have to agree doesn't perfectly describe the process. Obviously, "flushing" does not remove chemicals from the plant itself. It removes those items from the soil. If you want the chemicals out of the plant, you're going to have to let it use up said chemicals and allow the plant to level back out..... I think we're on the same page with a slightly different choice of words is all.

4. #24 killset, Apr 29, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
    I explained well. You are not flushing bro by cutting off nutruents a couple weeks early. That's all you have to do. There's no need to soak the shit out of the soil. Flushing removes nothing from the plant anyways. All it does is remove it from the soil. Many don't flush and just cut off nutrients

Once again MY soil is organic and built by me and has no need to be flushed. Flushing would actually negatively impact a well built organic soil. I got away from bottled garbage years ago. But even with bottled nutes flushing isn't necessary, just cut off nutes a couple weeks before harvest. That's how I did it when I used bottled nutes and so do you it sounds like.

• Like Like x 1
  5. There is no difference bro. You're just miss labeling what you do as flushing. People use ridiculous amount of water to flush. I've seen anywhere from 3 to 5 times the amount of water compared to pot size used. Let's say a grower has a 10 gallon container. That's 30-50 gallons of water to flush it. That's dumb. Just allow the plant to use up its reserves just like you do. That's not flushing bro, That's being smart

• Like Like x 1