Is It Really Bad?

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by possiblepothead:), Jul 10, 2014.

1. So my glass pipe was smashed by accident and I'm out of a pipe for awhile and the only alternative I can think of is a can pipe and rolling. But I can't roll either so that leaves me with the can pipe. But I don't want to use it I it's bad for you. I've heard from some that the aluminum when heated puts out bad stuff but I've also heard that it doesn't get hot enough for that to happen so it's not a problem. What do you guys think or suggestions do you have?

:)

2. APPLE PIPE!!!!

Please don't ever use a can with tin foil :( Apple pipes are so much safer and delicious. Can you eat that can when you're done smoking with it? I think not. Case closed.

3. #4 lFourTwenty, Jul 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2014
    It's not really the aluminum that puts out bad stuff, it's the dyes and paints they use on the outside of the can that puts out the bad stuff.

4. ok, since you cannot afford a $5 pipe at a LHS or gas station, and you cant afford a roller, and you don't want to smoke out of anything suspicious, then you will be sober.

I'd suggest you make an apple pipe. Good luck!

5. apple pipe, orange pipe, carrot steamroller.

6. Cans don't hit very well, a piece of aluminum foil works better in a pinch I believe. Just tear off about 4" or so and wrap it around a pencil or something, slide it off and bend one end up to make the bowl. IMG_20140709_183621_661.jpg

7. #8 GrandpaJonRedSox, Jul 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2014
    You can buy a corn cob pipe for around $5 at any tobacco shop. Corn cob pipes have been the pipe of choice for my grandfather for over 60 years. They are not the sexiest pipes on the planet but they get the job done. Use a screen to if you can. Aluminum does release deadly gas if heated to its boiling point which is 1220 degrees F. In a lab under ideal conditions the maximum temperature a butane flame can reach is 1970C, assuming combustion at the proper oxygen ratio with no heat transfer to the surrounding air. The flame of a butane lighter can not even come close to matching that though. When butane is appropriately pre-mixed with oxygen the hydrocarbon flame is blue. This is why the wind proof torch type lighters have the blue flame and are much hotter than the Bic's which have an orange colored flame. It is said that the flame of torch lighter can reach 1100 degrrees F but in the real world the flames are more like 1000 degrees. The temperature of a Bic flame is more like 700 or  800 degrees F. And the flames cool with air contact so to make a long story short you are in no real danger of melting the aliminum foil but I still wouldn't avoid this option because I have used these type of bowls and the taste is so foul. Just don't do it man. As the other dude said you can make an apple pipe. I don't recommend pop can bowls but they beat aluminum foil bowls, but they too are nasty.
    If you are going to go all ghetto just make a light bulb vape. Light bulb vapes actually work pretty well if you are careful with them and clean them with salt first then soap and water. Still that is pretty ghetto but if you want to make one you can easily find videos on youtube showing you how to make one. Why not just cook a gram or two in some butter and cook it in the oven at 250. Then buy a new pipe tomorrow. If you are short on cash corn cob pipes will do the job just fine.

8. I have used a pop can pipe back in the day and I can say 1. its hard to make a good bowl 2. the mouth piece is awkward to hit and 3. tastes bad, probably the paint .  Make a gbong with a socket piece.

9. Use a hollowed out carrot with a straw like Bunny Wailer.

10. get a socket

^^ also if you don't like GBs than there are plenty of bongs, steam rollers, pipes, etc. that you can make with a socket easily which personally is what I used for the first couple of months of smoking. easiest one to make is definitly the steamroller.

take a paper towel or toilet paper tube stick the socket on the top of the tube. Cover one end of the paper towel tube with your hand, hit it through the other end and take your hand off the other end as a carb. Kinda looks like this :bongin: but no water and your hand at the base easiest one and works just as good as any glass piece IMO but I do prefer my glass pieces.

11. get an apple
    take out the stem
    jam a pencil in the top, make it go about two thirds down into the apple,
    now find the center of the apple and jam a pencil into its side so that you have two chambers that meet in the center of the apple to create one airway
    then get a socket, jam it into the top of the apple, pull it out and remove all of the apple you just jammed into the hole
    now the socket has a bowl it can rest in, so put it back without forcing it deeper
    put your bud into the socket and smoke that shit
    when youre done you can either keep the pipe for later use, eat the apple, throw away the apple, bury the apple, or destroy the apple.

some smoke shops have disposable pipes for 99 cents

12. If you can't roll a joint then buy cones. Or just go out and buy a pipe. If you don't drive or can't get out, then make a grav bong. Just google it and it should be easy to build

13. Just learn to fucking roll man! Buy a 99cent pack of papes and go to town til you get it right.

Don't be a stereotypical stoner and give up on things when they get tough. I haven't rolled in 6 months but I guarantee I could roll an awesome joint if I had some

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. Motherfucker.... Been doing it wrong this while time....

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. OMG that is straight up max security prison pipe right there bro.

16. That's how I taught myself to roll long ago. It's still the way I rooooll

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. go buy a bowl, learn how to roll, or you shouldnt be smoking, cans and foil make you look a crack head.

18. #19 GangaGoggles42, Aug 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2014
    I love this emoji so much haha :bongin:

haha out of all the ones they have that one is definitely my favorite to and from what I've seen a lot of other peoples.