Is it realistic to home make vape juice

Discussion in 'E-Liquids & E-Juice, E-Cigarettes' started by Misanthropevet, May 31, 2022.

1. Hey, all

I know next to nothing about vape devices, I prefer smoke or edibles, but that being said everyone has their preferred method of consumption so I don't judge..

My 75 year old father recently starting using THC daily for his arthritis and he says it helps a lot, he has a medical card (no rec sales in my state yet, just medical and home cultivation).

He has a tiny vape pen and carts he gets from beyond hello, the closest medical dispensary to him. After talking to him and seeing what he pays and my general disapproval of large medical growers in general, I was wondering if I could use the plants I grow to make cheaper and hopefully better quality vape juice for him.

Pretty early on I learned to make butter and have gotten pretty good at cookies and some other edibles, but until I learned about my Dad's situation I never considered making a portion of my crop into vape juice.

I'm not looking for any kind of in-depth guide on making juice (at least at this time) but I'm just curious if you folks in the vape forum have any opinion on home made vape juice is doable, or more trouble than its worth?

For reference I'd have about 1/2 pound of flower to spare every 5-6 months that I would set aside for vape production if its realistic, but at that small level (pound of flower per year) of production is it better for him to just keep buying from the medical place?

Also are their any strains that are considered more or less suitable for production into juice or does it matter?

thanks

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. I've watched tutorials on it and it's definitely doable. It would be a lot cheaper to make it in bulk vs buying from dispo. Has he considered an herb vape as well? If that works well enough for him you could maybe save the trouble of making concentrate

• Like Like x 1
  3. Have you tried using heat/pressure to make rosin in a press? Then you could take the rosin and add terpines or a product like Waxliquidizer to make carts. Kandy pens has a battery called the Rubi that has empty carts that can be filled.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Damn lot of good info in here, guess I need to start educating myself on this so I can try a couple of different ways suggested once my July 4th crop comes in

5. They do have vapes that use flower. You can bypass alot of work that way

6. I do extractions and reductions for edibles
    Think the above suggestions for rosin would be a good idea
    squish and load into a vaporizer
    IMG_20220602_125222.jpg IMG_20220602_125456.jpg

This is a puffco plus pen vaporizer for concentrates like rosin

IMG_20220602_125230.jpg

Storz & Bickel Mighty for flower
    There are much cheaper versions that perform well

IMG_20220602_125204.jpg

My current portable vapes
    The glass domed vape is a Linx Apollo
    Birthday present that I am figuring out, actually works ok, bit of a learning curve

7. #8 BrassNwood, Jun 4, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2022
    Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads

You really need high end concentrates to make effective vape pens. Even dry ice Kief wasn't up to the task of getting enough bang packed into each puff compared to dispensary Pens / Carts. Been there and tried that.

The capsule recipe works just fine with bud dust. You'll need to find that perfect dose for him and that takes a time or three to work out. The advantages of edibles for pain like Arthritis is the length of relief. This stuff lasts all day from the capsule I take when I first wake up.

[​IMG]

To find each persons dose range I make up a mess of single drop capsules. Start at 1 per day and increase until that happy spot is found. While slow this is the safest way to dial in the dose with no chance of overshooting the target very far.

Long term edible cannabis use (Daily) works like Snake Oil. (How badly does your snake squeak?). It really does a fine job of masking discomfort and lubricating all the shit that is failing on a body well used and falling apart more with every passing day.

I'm not yet 70 but I'm near crippled if I get to sober. There isn't a joint on me that 30 years of Construction hasn't abused. I primarily take this oil for adhesion relief from 3 rounds of Colon surgery that feels like a hand in my guts squeezing, twisting and trying to yank a handful of them out of my navel. This oil turns that pain off like flipping a switch and keeps it off for 24 hours. It basically gave me back my life. I was smoking every 45 minutes to keep the dragon in my belly asleep.

Follow the recipe exactly. Coconut oil hits in half the time as butter and all other cooking oils take. The Lecithin acts as a strength and duration multiplier and makes a huge difference. Any kind works.

Your Liver changes Delta-9-THC into the much stronger and longer lasting 11-Hydroxy-THC. You need less than a 1/5th as much Cannabis to get stoned when eaten and it lasts all day not just the 45 minutes that inhalation lasts.

BNW

• Like Like x 1