Is it pretty bad that.....

Discussion in 'General' started by 52Lewis20Reed, Feb 23, 2012.

1. I've been working a part time job that pays minimum wage for an year and a half and I have nothing to show for it? I've gotten some really shitty breaks a few times (I'd rather not go into detail but those shitty breaks have cost me around 2K) but to no avail, I've still wasted so much on food, alcohol, and of course...weed. So GC, make me feel better or blast me.

2. You work minimum wage and live pay cheque to pay cheque. You're not alone buddy. Just be glad you have that minimum wage job at all and try and save some money so you'll have some control and priorities to meet for the future.

3. I'd say that depends on how old you are. Under your parents roof and still in high school not bad.

Over the age of 19, not good.

4. I wouldn't call it living pay check to pay check when I don't pay for any bills. Well, I guess my money for having fun can be considered pay check to pay check lol. And I'm definitely grateful for having a job. Knowing that so many of my classmates would do anything to get a job I'm very appreciative.

Well, I'm 19 and a senior in HS so I guess I'm excused!

5. I thought you'd be older..nevermind.

6. When i was in HS i worked a minimum wage job for all 4 years and them another year after i graduated. If u havent started saving anything at least start now. With me i was making around 100 a week i would always put at least half of it into a savings account and i ended up saving a good amount, bought a used car etc..

7. I'm 28, no money in savings, live on my own. All my money goes to bills and weed.

8. 20 Work minimum wage. Wtf else should aia be doing most of my friends are in school but wtf is that? They'll get outn in 4 years be broke, no job and in debt lol. Im saving up so I should have a good amount saved up. Just go with the flow.

9. Not bad... but maybe instead of just working minimum wage you should look into a job that pays commission or tips.

like:
    Most Sales Jobs, Car Valet, Concierge, Car Wash/Detailing, Pizza Delivery, Restaurants, Bars... bartenders can make bank where I'm at...cash money too!

Then you will have an opportunity to make more $ depending on how hard/well you work. Keep your eye on the prize and start saving even $50 a month if you can.

10. 21, part time job, no savings. but fuck it im going to amsterdam in a month :D