Is it possilbe to grow without hydroponics?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by brianbedonde, May 17, 2010.

1. #1 brianbedonde, May 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2010
    Hi,

I smoke a little weed. Not much though. I don't really mind the strength, I just like the taste of it. Now I have a spare room in my flat and thought about growing some weed but a very small amount (1 plant).

What I want to know is if it is possible to grow just a single plant, with no hydroponics or anything like that. Just a small plant for an 1 off supply that would maybe just need fed or watered every now and then. I know quality would probably suffer if this is possible.

Is there a certain strain that would do? Is it even possible to grow any strain without lights/fans etc? Once again I don't mind if the quality suffers and what strain would be best for this.

Thanks for any help.

Brian

2. BAH! :p

You could have a plant in soil but you will need lights. You could get away with a few cfls which are cheap to buy and run.

The plant will need some food too and an oscillating fan. Depending on the space you are working with, you may also need to sort out some ventilation.

BAH! (sorry, couldn't help maself :hide:)

3. I've got a lamp that uses a CFLS bulb which would be grand. It will be in a spare room with nothing else in it. I take it leaving a window open wouldn't be enough ventilation?

So is there a particular strain I should aim for?

Biddly Boo boo BAAHHH :p

4. Lmao!

Cool, get as close to 100 ACTUAL watts as you can to take the plant all the way to harvest, you should research the different types of light for both veg and flower stage too. :)

The window could well be fine, I used to do that, just be careful if you are trying to grow stealthily because unnatural light at the wrong times glaring out of a window could be enough to get you busted.

Edit to add: Plus, when you get to the flowering stage, you will need to be able to light-proof that room.

5. soil? lol. i thought he was joking with that question at first. you should research on the site before asking questions. :laughing:

6. Bro, I think I read a couple hours a day for a few months before I even considered reading seriously and Im still having problems. Good luck.