Is it possible to.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by KingsCounty86, Dec 18, 2007.

1. have one main plant which u just keep cloning off? if so... will the bud be the same?, if that sounds like a stupid question... im pretty gona right now haha

2. Yes and this main plant is often refered to as the Mother plant. Each clone will have the same genetic makeup as that of the Mother plant from which the clone was taken, so given the exact same environment, yes.

3. you can even explore and find when the best time to harvest the plant is to your taste, when you have a mother plant and use cloning. an amazing plant huh.

4. not a stupid question!

as the other's said, the answer is yes.

It's what propagation nurseries do all the time.
    They'll keep taking cuttings off their mother plants for years.

They'll keep doing it while demand for those plants exists and while the mother plant stays alive, which could easily be decades or more than a hundred years.

5. ah ok... so lets say i grow 4 plants... and i let 3 flower... i can keep the one that i didnt let flower and just keep cloning 3 plants from her year round? is there any way to tell which one to pick? or is it just pure luck

6. One thing I forgot before, marijuana is an "annual herb" so it really only lives for one year.
    I know of reports of plants living for two years, but it's rare.

That means your mother plant has only a limited time to live.
    You have to keep replacing her with clones.

7. keep your mother under 24/0 or 18/6 and you should be able to keep her forever, and if you take 4 plants and keep one make sure its a girl lol.

it will really only live for one year if you go threw its whole life cycle, if you keep it in veg state you could theoretically keep it alive for ever so long as you manage it with pruning.

8. ok so... now that i know that... i could swap mothers like every 9 months... but.... my IDEAL set up will be a hydro set up... rather then building one.. since im not too handy with that stuff i mean i am but rather not be bothered... is it possible..to say have a mother plant on soil and take clones and put them into a hydro set up...? cuz that seems to be what my set up will be if possible when i want it

9. That is how many people do their c;lones. The mother is in soil and the clones are grown in hydro.If you take 2 cuttings every 2 weeks then in a couple of months you will be harvesting 2 plants every 2 weeks.

10. a mother plant does have a annual cycle;) but kept under artificial lights indoors can last for years;) just keep it trimmed to suit your size needed.