is it possible to yield 2 pounds?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Boomhauer, Mar 31, 2008.

1. well my dealer is a grower. and when i went to his place to buy some bud hopeing for a few seeds for my first grow. well after i bought some bud i asked him about his grow. the plant is like almost 6 ft tall. and he says his other sativa plant gave him 2 pounds. is that possible?

its grown indoors by the way under a 500 hps lamp..
    i think thats impossible but he says its possible.
    he's only growing 1 plant with that one lamp

2. sounds VERY unlikely dude. I think you friend has some high hopes. A GREAT yeild is generally 1 gram per watt. in my book. I usually find sativas to be less yeilding indoors too.

3. I think 2 lb. from an indoor sativa (if grown right and 6 feet tall) is very possible with the right lighting and conditions.

Is it soil or hyrdo?

4. That's 16 one oz. colas,6 foot tall under a 500w HPS (didn't think they made a 500)so its possible but unlikely unless it was a 2K.:rolleyes:

5. its a bubble hydro set up.
    he has mylar everywhere also, so that might be why. his is so perfect. the mylar is not shaped as a square, instead he has it positioned to where the light is reflected in a specific part of the plant. fucking ingenious..

ill be doing what he's doing in my grow in 2 weeks!!

6. Could be done easily, but he obviously has a lot of knowledge and skill, not to mention a high yielding strain that he knows. Don't expect anywhere near 2 pounds off your first grow, you can do all the reading you want but it means nothing without experience. Eventually if you keep growing you'll get up to his yield but it's going to take a while. He's probably fine tuned his grow room for the strain already, first grow you'll be able to get the room set-up, by the end of the second you should have the strain figured out. Then the third grow you can perfect your technique, and then on your fourth you should be able to do little experiments to bring up the yield and potency and on your fifth you should be able to pull just as much as your dealer if not more, it could also be better quality especially if he uses a hydro set-up. If you've already grown before, you should be able to have it all figure out before the 2nd or 3rd grow. Good luck.

7. Thanks!

I've never grown before. I'm not expecting a high yield, but I'm gonna try to replicate the exact same set up he has. I'm hopeing to gain atleast 2 or 3 oz out of all this.

Oh and in your sig, if you want an image, type the following. [​IMG]

8. It's 500 watts on one single plant though, that's a ton of light (could grow 5-6 individual plants as most people with a 500 watt bulb would do) But all on one plant with that much reflection and also allowing a smaller grow space I believe it's easily possible. The problem with indoor sativa's yielding a lower amount is because they're large and need a lot of light, which the grower has obviously provided. the 1 gram per watt rule being a great yield is correct, but have you ever heard of 500 watts for one plant?? It's ridiculous, so I wouldn't doubt if there was some sort of multiplier effect that makes it yield that much. I will definitly try it with one of my next plants. to see if this works, interesting idea and scientifically it should work. Thanks for the inspiration, I will definitly try it with one of my next plants (Either one of my sativa seeds or a clone from the purple urkle I currently am growing or else from the GDP I plan to make with my other purple urkle or from the one of the big buds im going to use in making the GDP). Oh my sig I made while I was really messed up (before my crackhead father smoked himself to death, and I didn't care about anything what so ever.) I'd change it but....fugg it you know?

9. I learned a lot from my connect.
    In terms of getting a lot of light, he's a genious. His plant is huge and with one light, he has to get the light all around the plant, so he takes mylar and posistions it in certain places that will reflect light to where he wants it. And how he does it is also incredible. He'll cut off the light in the grow room and flash a flashlight on the mylar and see where it reflects. He'll do the same thing all around the plant until there's no wasted light.

This isn't his picture or mine, but it's a resemblence on how tall his plant is.
    [​IMG]

10. 2 pounds in a hydro is totaly do able!!! i have seen on youtube where the guys at greenhouse seeds get 2 p's per plant in soil. so i bet in hydro way easier just veg for a few months.