Is it possible to veg in a cloner?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Dr. Dedoverde, Aug 29, 2009.

1. #1 Dr. Dedoverde, Aug 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2009
    I know its possible to veg in a clone machine, but is it possible to only veg in the cloner and go directly from the clone machine into flowering.

I know this is sea of green style, but should i modify a cloner to achieve this? should the wholes and basket be bigger to allow for bigger vegging?

2. The problem is the roots will bottom out pretty soon and clog in a lot of cloners, or get sprayed and damaged if you're not careful. I would not veg very long in a cloner (assuming we're talking about an aeroponic cloner).

I think there are cloners that have attachements for netpots and bigger roots, but I don't think they are really designed for it.

3. #3 Dr. Dedoverde, Aug 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2009
    but why could'nt I make a DIY cone machine designed for the purpose of vegging for pro-longed period of time?

Not sure if that would work, but people grow with aerogardens, so why cant you make a clone machine/ aero garden that would serve this purpose.

Any idea's would be greatly appreciated.

p.s im not looking to veg that long. Just for a week or two, SOG style.

4. Then it wouldn't really be a cloner, it's simply and aero chamber or bubbler then :) yes, you can do that.

5. and i could put clones directly from cutting into this machine?

what i'm basically trying to do is have 100% clone success rate, and properly veg. Is this better done separately (that is cloning and vegging) or can it just as easily be accomplished in one machine?

6. Probably better done separately.

7. it can be done in one machine, just takes up space though..clones can be right next to each other, the veggies should be father appart to make sure the roots dont tangle..
    Ive built a dwc bubbler that i veg in and it sounds like what you talking about..
    look thu my journal youll see it...

gluck man..