is it possible to veg a few plants indoors, then transport outside for flowering?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Riddle, Mar 26, 2008.

1. heres the deal...a friend of mine recently started a grow, only to realize that he'll be moving back home at the end of the semester...would it be possible for him to veg his plants for a month and a half indoors, then replant them outdoors in the woods for flowering when he gets home this summer? any instruction on the best course of action would be great! thanks!

2. Yes, you can. Most people who grow outdoors, start their plants inside. Just make sure and get her outside before the summer solstice. That's when the nights start to lengthen and mother nature starts the flowering cycle. Use the search feature, there are tons of sticky's at the top of this forum that give alot of info. on outdoor horticulture.

3. Absolutely. I grew outdoors for 15 yrs. The plants that go out after growing a foot or more indoors have a much higher survival rate and higher yield. Also, smaller seedlings seem more susceptible to getting destroyed by pests like slugs or wildlife.
    If you hurry to get them out early they tend to stunt from the cold and take forever to recover.

4. Be careful of putting the plant in direct sunlight right away especially if it was started under flouros. It won't be used to the sun and may get a sun burn (leaves turn white).

Start it out in partial shade for a couple of days to get it used to the new light.

5. If he goes back to school in the fall keep in mind that he won't be able to harvest until early oct.
    He might want to figure out a way to flower them indoors if he wants some good summer time smoke.

6. Does that mean that he could potentially take them outside around the 5th of may, and then leave them unchecked for spots of 2-3 weeks at a time and still end up with a decent smokable at the end?

7. Except for my original plant that grew full-time outdoors, I have been vegetating inside and then setting the plants out to flower and mature with great results.

I don't recall if you mentioned where your friend is going to school, but in most places in the USA, I'm guessing the plants set out in May should be ready for harvest in Sept. maybe a little earlier.

So yeah, if no one finds the plants and if they get enough rainfall to survive, your buddy should have buds by fall term.

8. it's what i plan on doing. i hope it works. i'm gonna plant 40 seedlings in a lot of different locations and hope all of them survive w/o me